Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
rct
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by rct » May 7, 2012, 4:22 pm

Bubba, 600 more thred views in four days since you opened, does this reflect the actual pace of business?

Anyway, see you again for a good bourbon when I am back in two weeks.....

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » May 9, 2012, 4:34 pm

Well I finally have at least one computer working again. :D Haven't been able to get online in almost a week now.

We servived our first week and got mostly very positive reviews. We did have a few glitches. :( Most notably, an electrical problem that happened when we were the busiest (when else, right?). It seems our ground floor A/C, one refrigerator, and all our cooking apperatus are on one breaker, so we've made changes there. We've also had to make a price change on the menu. My wife informed me we were only getting 5 servings of fries from the bag that we buy for 160 baht. So at 25b per serving we were losing money on that deal. The price is now 50 baht, but the portions are generous. Like I said in the beginning, we're new at this, so it's a learning experience for both of us.

The wall paper and big TV are up, so the inside really looks nice now. We have platinum True Move service and Sony Internet TV available. Also free wi-fi for your laptops.

Our signage is still in the works, so if you've had trouble finding us: We still have the temporary banner on the 3rd floor balcony and we have a green and white striped awning. Best landmark is the 7/11 across the street, and about 75 meters southeast from us.

To those who came, thanks for your business and hope to see you again soon!

Bubba and Oh
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Prenders88 » May 10, 2012, 7:28 pm

Had the pleasure of meeting Bubba and his missus today. In their cosy air conditioned bar.
Over the road from Nong Prajak Park.
Excellent cheeseburger, with fries and salad, up there with the best burgers in Udon.
Followed by A&W Root Beer float.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » May 11, 2012, 10:50 am

Someone wanted to see a photo of a Root Beer Float. Here it is. They have been quite popular, especially with the kids, who may have never seen such a thing in Thailand.
IMG_4221.JPG
My lovely wife, Oh:
IMG_4218.JPG
IMG_4219.JPG
This is where we are:
IMG_4190.JPG

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » May 15, 2012, 9:44 am

Just a reminder to everyone... we're closed Mondays and Tuesdays. I don't anyone to make a trip and be disappointed. Our hours are in Lee's OP but maybe people only look at the last few posts before deciding to visit.

We're instituting American Classic Movie nights on Fridays at 7PM. This Friday's showing, "American Grafitti", starring Richard Dreyfus and Ron Howard. Notably it was Harrison Ford's first movie and there was that memorable cameo by a then very young Suzanne Sommers. Hope to see you!

Bubba

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Prenders88 » May 15, 2012, 9:49 am

I love that movie, especially the soundtrack and the cars.
My favourite song from the soundtrack is, Since I don't have You, by the Skyliners.
Love to see a Mel's Diner in Udon :D
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Mosquito » May 15, 2012, 6:31 pm

Movie night, great idea! Free Pop Corn???

Won't make the Friday movie, mainly like the old war/John Wayne movies.

Will most likely stop-by on Thursday again for some take home chili dogs!!! Very tasty.

Busy this week, so will have to hold off on bringing the daughter over for a rootbeer float.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by semperfiguy » May 15, 2012, 8:00 pm

Mosquito wrote:Movie night, great idea! Free Pop Corn???

Won't make the Friday movie, mainly like the old war/John Wayne movies.

Will most likely stop-by on Thursday again for some take home chili dogs!!! Very tasty.

Busy this week, so will have to hold off on bringing the daughter over for a rootbeer float.

Hey Bubba! The popcorn is not a bad idea. Makro sell a 3 pack box of Pop Secret for 117 Baht, and Tesco has the Pop Weaver's 3 pack for 106. Both are the "extra butter" type. That's already a little pricey, so maybe you could use that as a loss leader to get some traffic through your place. Just bump the price a bit to cover microwave and cleanup expense.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

parrot
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by parrot » May 15, 2012, 8:37 pm

Save yourself a heart attack: buy a kilo of popcorn seed at Makro for 60 Baht. Buy 100 paper bags at Makro for 200 baht. Add one cup popcorn to one bag, a toss of Rodee seasoning (I use the pork or chicken flavor), a splash of cooking oil, single staple on the the folder top, 4 minutes in the microwave, and it's as good as it gets. Play with the seasoning and time in the microwave to get it just right. If you don't want to give up your heart attack, you can always add a glob of butter after the popcorn is finished popping.
Enjoy!

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » May 16, 2012, 9:59 am

Mosquito... Semperfiguy... You guys been crawling around inside my head? 8-[ Already had Jolly Time "Butter-Licious" and Pop Secret "1 Step Cheddar" on the shelf. I kept looking at them and that's what made me come up with the movie idea. As far as choice of movies I thought American Graffitti was perfect for testing the Home Theater system. Suggestions for future choices are certainly welcome!

Parrot, good tip. Thanks! I'll definately try that in the future.

Bubba :badteeth:

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Ricohoc » May 16, 2012, 10:12 am

Bubba, run your business.

I never mind paying my way. A cheerful sincere smile, good service and quality product is always worth the trip and the money.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by semperfiguy » May 16, 2012, 2:59 pm

I dropped by Bubba's last Friday and had the fries and Texas style chili. Bubba and his wife, June, are wonderful people and we had some great conversation together. We are both from around the Knoxville and Gatlinburg area of Tennessee in the States, so I was met with some of that "down home" hospitality. Bubba said his inspiration for the chili was his own wives love affair with Wendy's (fast food chain) world renowned chili. There's another local food chain back in Tennessee called Krystals, and they too are noted for their chili recipe. Having said that, I can honestly say that Bubba's chili has them both beat hands down and is well worth a trip across town to savour the flavor. It is by far the best chili that I have ever had, and having lived in Texas for many years, I have tried them all. And get some to take home 'cause chili is something that gets better over time when kept in the fridge, and it can be frozen and eaten at a much later date. He serves it up with chopped onions, shreaded cheddar cheese and saltines on the side. At 100 baht it's a good value and the portion size is more than enough. I'll be back for more, and next time I'm going for the chili dogs!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by papaguido » May 18, 2012, 5:43 pm

Stopped by this afternoon for lunch. I had the chili and it was spot on. Just like Semper Fi described:
semperfiguy wrote: He serves it up with chopped onions, shreaded cheddar cheese and saltines on the side. At 100 baht it's a good value and the portion size is more than enough.
Thanks Bubba and June for a good hearty meal and it was a pleasure to meet you both ;)

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Ricohoc » May 18, 2012, 7:22 pm

papaguido wrote:Thanks Bubba and June for a good hearty meal and it was a pleasure to meet you both ;)
DITTO! =D>

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Mosquito » May 20, 2012, 3:01 am

Was at Bubba's for Movie Night (Friday), 2 chili cheese dogs and a few leos.............awesome meal.

Talked about doing "Animal House" or "Caddie Shack" next week Friday.

Still havent' tried a rootbeer float, I know it's a hit with the kids and will have to bring the daughter to Bubba's to try one........maybe after school one day this coming week.

Really like Bubba's Chili........nice cozy place.......if you bring the kids I'm sure Bubba can come up with a decent childrens movie to show!!!!

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Ricohoc » May 20, 2012, 6:24 am

Mosquito wrote:if you bring the kids I'm sure Bubba can come up with a decent childrens movie to show!!!!
I hope he let's us know when he's going to show a kiddie movie so I can avoid it. 8)

Isaanman
Location: Next to that large bottle of Leo, Cheers or Chang beer

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Isaanman » May 20, 2012, 7:46 am

I hope he let's us know when he's going to show a kiddie movie so I can avoid it. 8)

In that case lets see "Happy Feet 2" \:D/ \:D/ :pirate:

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » May 20, 2012, 1:13 pm

Yeah, our first movie night, and the free popcorn, was a hit. Next Friday, "Animal House", 7PM. Thanks for the suggestion Mosquito.

Today's special... COWBOY STEW. Served with Saltines (the real ones) or dinner rolls.

Reminder: We're closed MONDAYS and TUESDAYS.

Many thanks for the continued support.

Bubba

papaguido
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by papaguido » May 20, 2012, 1:41 pm

Mosquito wrote:nice cozy place.......if you bring the kids I'm sure Bubba can come up with a decent childrens movie to show!!!!
Awesome =D>...when and what time can I drop them off \:D/ :lol:

Bertie_Wooster
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Bertie_Wooster » May 20, 2012, 4:56 pm

Movie night does sound like something cool to do.
Bertie_Wooster

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”