Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
BigBubba
udonmap.com

THE OPEN @ Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » July 22, 2012, 4:07 pm

Final round today airs at 1700 (about one hour from now!).

Will Tiger take number 1 again?

Come join us and watch on 46" HIGH DEFINITION and Air Conditioned comfort. The beer is cold and the food is great! We'll stay here as long as you want.

Bubba and June

Every day I wake up is a good day.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Mosquito » July 22, 2012, 5:19 pm

Happy Birthday Roxy.

Might have to stop-by this week for a burger and a beer Lao!!!

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by akwoodworker » July 23, 2012, 9:07 pm

My seasoning mix was salt, black pepper, and white pepper in equal portions and a little allspice. Madeline Kamman is to be thanked for that. It is the only thing that went in all styles I did. My biggest challenge was teaching cooks to season correctly.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

B-52 lands @ Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » July 25, 2012, 12:52 pm

... and here it is:
b-52.jpg
b-52.jpg (8.44 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
It's not my photo, so don't give me any grief, but we've got all the ingredients to make 'em.

Now that I've got your attention here's the real news. Starting this Friday, and for the next few weeks, we'll be testing food items for placement on our new menu coming out in October. Each Friday will be something different. We'll serve all weekend, or while supplies last. Some things to look for in the future are Chicken Fried Steak, Chicken n' Dumplins, Pork Chops, BBQ Ribs, Lasagne, and we'll start this Friday with Cajun Jambalaya. If you would like us to try one of your favorites please let us know!

Olympics are coming this week. It looks like they're spread out over 9 channels, so a whole lot of over lapping event times. We'll accommodate what ever you would like to watch... majority rules!

Bubba and June

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by gudtymchuk » July 25, 2012, 1:45 pm

When will you be serving the chicken fried steak? Hopefully with mashed potatoes and cream gravy, right? I'm drooling all over my keyboard.......
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

KB_Texas

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by KB_Texas » July 25, 2012, 1:57 pm

gudtymchuk wrote:When will you be serving the chicken fried steak? Hopefully with mashed potatoes and cream gravy, right? I'm drooling all over my keyboard.......
I second the chicken fried steak! One of my favorites. :D

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » July 25, 2012, 3:37 pm

KB_Texas wrote:
gudtymchuk wrote:When will you be serving the chicken fried steak? Hopefully with mashed potatoes and cream gravy, right? I'm drooling all over my keyboard.......
I second the chicken fried steak! One of my favorites. :D
OK, we'll do that one next week (3 Aug). And yes, with mashed taters, cream gravy, mixed veggies, and a soft dinner roll... and now I'M getting hungry!!!

Bubba

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by gudtymchuk » July 25, 2012, 8:06 pm

Bubba, how about a chicken fried steak breakfast w/ buttermilk biscuits n' gravy. Probably asking way too much, huh :cry: :cry: ....

KB_Texas

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by KB_Texas » July 25, 2012, 8:27 pm

gudtymchuk wrote:Bubba, how about a chicken fried steak breakfast w/ buttermilk biscuits n' gravy. Probably asking way too much, huh :cry: :cry: ....
Heh, if anyone makes REAL buttermilk biscuits here, I will be a regular (hint-hint), especially if they serve them with sausage gravy!

KB

tekmo
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by tekmo » July 25, 2012, 9:02 pm

KB_Texas wrote:
gudtymchuk wrote:Bubba, how about a chicken fried steak breakfast w/ buttermilk biscuits n' gravy. Probably asking way too much, huh :cry: :cry: ....
Heh, if anyone makes REAL buttermilk biscuits here, I will be a regular (hint-hint), especially if they serve them with sausage gravy!

KB
Buttermilk biscuits,sausage and gravy hits the spot for me :D
i will also *hint hint* this out :)

Shado
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Shado » July 25, 2012, 9:25 pm

Yep. Chicken fried steak with cream gravy would be a great meal. Real buttermilk biscuits would certainly hit the spot as well. I've looked many times for buttermilk here in Udon but always came up empty. Finally resorted to making my own using one tablespoon of white vinegar to one cup of regular milk. Works okay in recipes. Also had to make my own country sausage using ground (minced) pork and seasoning it with salt, ground sage, black pepper, cayenne and a little sugar. This makes patty sausage which in turn makes great gravy from the drippings after frying.

Bubba might have to get a little creative but I believe he can come up with a pretty good plate of sausage, biscuits and gravy. It makes a heck of a satisfying breakfast with or without eggs.

KB_Texas

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by KB_Texas » July 25, 2012, 9:36 pm

You can get buttermilk powder http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-But ... _sbs_gro_7, which I think makes a better substitute than the vinegar/milk substitute. Heheheh, I actually know what 'real' buttermilk is as my mom used to make butter in a churn. It is not the stuff you buy in stores...it is the milk left over after making butter ;) However, I would consider the buttermilk power as real as it gets in Thailand, and it is hard to tell the difference in biscuits :D

KB

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by jackspratt » July 25, 2012, 9:52 pm

Even coming from the home of vegemite and the pavlova, this is seriously weird food you guys are discussing. :D
Last edited by jackspratt on July 25, 2012, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by gudtymchuk » July 25, 2012, 9:56 pm

My grandma used to make her biscuits from clabbered milk... if my grandpa didn't drink the clabbered milk first... never acquired a taste for clabbered milk myself. Couldn't swallow the large curds.
Bubba, being a southern boy I'm sure you remember the "Hey grandpa, what's for supper" skits on the old Hee Haw TV series.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR3kI_LH ... detailpage
You could make your own "What's for supper" videos and post here.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by SJP17 » July 26, 2012, 12:26 am

Buttermilk Biscuits , as far as i can see is what we call a scone in the UK , am i right ?

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by pienmash » July 26, 2012, 3:47 am

Ayup Bubba ....i love your internet promo style sir ,,, it reminds me of someone else 2-3 years back

me n the missus are gonna drop by next day or so ,,,,,need to know wot time you close , as when sleepy Nong Sim closes 9 ish ... we will come for a late feed .

mash

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by pienmash » July 26, 2012, 3:50 am

Run Forest ...... run Forest ......... -.............life is like a box achoclates .

My fav movie BTW ..... is it coming up ?

KB_Texas

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by KB_Texas » July 26, 2012, 6:47 am

SJP17 wrote:Buttermilk Biscuits , as far as i can see is what we call a scone in the UK , am i right ?
They are cousins, but not the same thing. At least, the scones I have had are not biscuits. Heh, and biscuits are not biscuits either. ;) I think your biscuits are what we would call cookies, and the scones I have had are a bit softer and sweeter than biscuits.

KB

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by merchant seaman » July 26, 2012, 7:13 am

sausage gravy, make my own using Jimmy Dean sausage from Chern Chim's

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » July 26, 2012, 11:13 am

pienmash wrote:
me n the missus are gonna drop by next day or so ,,,,,need to know wot time you close , as when sleepy Nong Sim closes 9 ish ... we will come for a late feed .

mash
10PM... unless the chef/waitress/barmaid/dishwasher/janitor is really tired. If she is, we've been known to pull the shutters 15-20 minutes early... providing no customers left inside of course :lol:

Bubba

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”