Nobi's

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
hermajesty
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by hermajesty » August 6, 2013, 4:44 pm

Hello

Nobi's is closed with a sign that says "ปิดปรับปรุง".

I just discovered their little grocery section. I would love to continue to buy pork and eggs etc... from them.

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks
HM

Shado
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by Shado » August 6, 2013, 4:52 pm

The sign says "bpit bprap bproong". Closed for improvements.

hermajesty
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by hermajesty » August 6, 2013, 5:05 pm

Thanks, Shado. I actually knew that's what it said but was hoping someone could elaborate if it's being sold or how long it will be closed etc... And, if Mr. Nobi will be selling pork from anywhere else. I should have translated the Thai for everyone.

HM

pompui
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by pompui » August 6, 2013, 5:15 pm

Forum member Joris on the Udon chess club thread advises moving for a couple of weeks due to renovations 8)
Never came up in conversation when I was with Nobi on Saturday enjoying a couple of glasses of red wine and good food plus food to go.Will miss my potato salad fix as was hoping to go back at the end of this week 8)

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by mortiboy » August 6, 2013, 5:17 pm

He has no intention of doing a runner............ he was renewing his Visa at Imm Office today! :-"

hermajesty
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by hermajesty » August 6, 2013, 5:33 pm

mortiboy wrote:He has no intention of doing a runner............ he was renewing his Visa at Imm Office today! :-"
Yay!

Isaanfarang
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by Isaanfarang » August 31, 2013, 10:57 pm

Nobi's re-opening was announced for monday, august 26.
I went there that day with a friend and it still was closed. The information on the gate about re-opening had changed to wednesday, august 28. My friend posted that fact on a German forum just to inform all other friends who keep a regulars' table there every wednesday.
This saturday afternoon we went there again with our wifes/lifepartner. Nobi wasn't there but his girl Ging.
Without any greetings she started to grumble with my friend that he offended her business with that posting on the internet.
There was no excuse or sorry from her that we used our gasoline to find a still closed restaurant, only repeat the reproach.
Getting no service as well meant, we are unwanted customers from now on and forever.

Insider know that Ging can NOT read and understand German language, so it is clear how she could get informed and felt upset for nothing. They are living from foreigners not thai customers and start to ruin their own business with that behavior.
Nothing to see about the result of renovation during many weeks, nothing new for the customers, same menue card, but the opening hours changed. No chance anymore to get an early breakfast.... but Pannarai was good today morning - 150 Baht and full worth each Baht!
Bye bye, Nobi [-X
Attachments
20130831_093652.jpg

Brilliant One
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by Brilliant One » September 1, 2013, 8:31 am

Is this the same "Nobi" that had the Soul Bar, after Harry's Bar, and before Chris's Bar?

Isaanfarang
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by Isaanfarang » September 1, 2013, 8:44 am

I think not. All the years I only know him having that restaurant in Soi Sampan opposite Top Mansion Hotel.

rct
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by rct » September 1, 2013, 9:53 am

Have no knowledge regarding the above poster's issues.

Though I would like to say that in my nearly five years living in Udon Thani, I have always found both Nobi and also the lovely Kuhn Ging to be very gracious and friendly, and I will continue to support them. They deserve credit for years of diligence and providing great food at reasonable prices! Please keep it up, thank you Nobi and Ging!

mak
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by mak » September 1, 2013, 10:25 am

Brilliant One wrote:Is this the same "Nobi" that had the Soul Bar, after Harry's Bar, and before Chris's Bar?
No.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by kubotatim » September 1, 2013, 11:44 am

Isaanfarang wrote:Nobi's re-opening was announced for monday, august 26.
I went there that day with a friend and it still was closed. The information on the gate about re-opening had changed to wednesday, august 28. My friend posted that fact on a German forum just to inform all other friends who keep a regulars' table there every wednesday.
This saturday afternoon we went there again with our wifes/lifepartner. Nobi wasn't there but his girl Ging.
Without any greetings she started to grumble with my friend that he offended her business with that posting on the internet.
There was no excuse or sorry from her that we used our gasoline to find a still closed restaurant, only repeat the reproach.
Getting no service as well meant, we are unwanted customers from now on and forever.

Insider know that Ging can NOT read and understand German language, so it is clear how she could get informed and felt upset for nothing. They are living from foreigners not thai customers and start to ruin their own business with that behavior.
Nothing to see about the result of renovation during many weeks, nothing new for the customers, same menue card, but the opening hours changed. No chance anymore to get an early breakfast.... but Pannarai was good today morning - 150 Baht and full worth each Baht!
Bye bye, Nobi [-X
If you like the pannerai buffet, nobi will be better off without your custom, no style at all!!

pompui
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by pompui » September 1, 2013, 11:51 am

Will try and visit Nobis this week to see what all the fuss is about 8)

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by Frankie 1 » September 1, 2013, 9:21 pm

When in Udon Nobi's is one of the few places I go to. Never had or saw any problems. The staff is always polite and correct.

I don't know about any rude behaviour, never saw any of that. I remember that he chose to leave this forum by himself (like many others), not because he was banned. Never saw any rude behaviour when he was a member of this forum. Maybe some German customers have some personal issues?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 1, 2013, 10:41 pm

Well, once he changed his avatar to that of Hitler. It was taken down once the moderators got a heads-up about its existence.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

rick
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by rick » September 2, 2013, 12:15 am

Nobbi's was open on Friday. However, Nobbi no longer takes a very active part in its running, so is rarely there. Currently i think staff consists only of Ging and one other, so whether it is open or not will depend on if they have any staff available. As always, in Udon getting staff you can rely on is always an issue.

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by Balthasar G. » September 2, 2013, 1:53 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:Well, once he changed his avatar to that of Hitler. It was taken down once the moderators got a heads-up about its existence.
Huh? Are you sure that was Nobi? :shock:
As I've never had dealings with this gentleman I'm not sure and can't vouch for accuracy of details, but as far as I know it was a poster on the other forum (LA) who's involved in a long-running feud with Nobi who used to do that.
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 2, 2013, 2:27 am

Yes, I am positive. I was the one who reported him to the moderators.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by Khun Paul » September 2, 2013, 5:34 am

Oh well having reported a person does not mean that he did what you said and knowing Nobi all these years as well as being ANTI ANYTHING TO DO WITH 3rd RREICH, i doubt if he did use such an avatar.
Now reopened following as he told me a clean up and clean out.
I look forward to sampling his delights once again.
On a more positive note he takes care of his farm and pigs and all that stuff, less stressful but still finds time to make his bratworst and other german stuff we have come to enjoy.
Thanks Nobi and Ging

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Nobi's

Post by WhoUrDaddy » September 2, 2013, 6:02 am

I did not have a long running feud with nobi, though he did direct his psychotic behavior toward me for a long time, which I ignored and simply reported to the appropriate people.

I also would not have believed his use of Adolf, until on the receiving end of his psychosis. If LYM says he did, that's good enough for me.

Nobi definitely has a talent for food and discouraging customers, and can think of at least 10 that he has driven away with has paranoia.

LA

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”