Aussie slang dying out?

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
GT93
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by GT93 » May 30, 2014, 3:53 pm

I think bludger is an offensive word Earnest. It's much worse than lazy. It's a lazy person who wants a free ride on others (usually taxpayers). People who want to put the boot into the unemployed call them dole bludgers. I think it should be but it isn't often used against corporates such as Google and Starbucks who pay little or no tax on their profits year after year in many jurisdictions.

In NZ I think chooks is an old fashioned word perhaps used more by the elderly and rural people when they want to emphasize a positive relationship with the animals. It wouldn't be used in industrial agriculture.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Earnest
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by Earnest » May 30, 2014, 11:17 pm

I see, so you wouldn't call a battery hen a battery chook unless you were an elderly Australian farmer?

Now then, why do they call Tasmanians, apple eaters? See my link.

http://alldownunder.com/australian-slan ... people.htm

Also sand groper? :shock:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by Aardvark » May 31, 2014, 5:34 am

Don't go picking on us Sandgropers. A fine bunch of People ....

GT93
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by GT93 » May 31, 2014, 9:46 am

From the urban dictionary:

"A person from the state of West Australia - the largest and most important state in Australia. Sandgropers are well-known for being taller, healthier and better-looking than other Australians. Moreover, they are characterized by high intelligence. Sandgroper men tend to be strong and athletic. Sangroper women tend to be strong, athletic and extremely beautiful.
Sandgropers fxcking rule! "

Obviously not written by a cockroach.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by Earnest » May 31, 2014, 3:05 pm

Highly intelligent and attractive, you say? :-k
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by GT93 » May 31, 2014, 6:19 pm

I'm just regurgitating what some sandgroper drongo has written about sandgropers old bean. We know Aussies aren't famous for their modesty. Quite a few of them have Shane Warne's swagger. If some show pony is doing a swagger rather than a shuffle around the Charoensri Complex or down Soi Samphan he's probably an Aussie or maybe it's Vlad Putin on holiday taking time out from conquering Europe.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by Aardvark » July 3, 2014, 12:43 pm

Warning, some content may offend. Photographs of Relatives may be present (wazza) and there are prominent displays of Tooth decay ..... http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/bogan-h ... 6975365811

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by jackspratt » July 3, 2014, 12:54 pm

Aardvark wrote:Warning, some content may offend. Photographs of Relatives may be present (wazza) and there are prominent displays of Tooth decay ..... http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/bogan-h ... 6975365811
This is a must read for all those who mistakenly believe Thai TV is the worst in the world. :badteeth:

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by marjamlew » July 3, 2014, 1:13 pm

Aardvark wrote:Warning, some content may offend. Photographs of Relatives may be present (wazza) and there are prominent displays of Tooth decay ..... http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/bogan-h ... 6975365811
Love it Aardvark
Anything Paul Fenech does appeals to my sense of humour, but admittedly not for everyone. They missed a few of my mates and could probably make a whole series based on the ozzie beer singlet crew in patts, phuket or even little old udon. \:D/
Watch Me!!

Sport
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by Sport » July 3, 2014, 1:18 pm

Oz slang is still about and love it. Especially if your a Queenlander eh bro.

Arosolius
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by Arosolius » July 3, 2014, 6:43 pm

Stuff the lizards!

If the slang dies out how my gonna ask me sheila for a naughty? She's a fair dinkum, deadset, died in the wool Crow Eater. She can't understand poofter English.

And how my gonna talk to the man who services me egnishness? London to a brick we'll end up havin' a blue and they'll 'ave to call an ambo. Then I spose I'll 'ave to chuck a sickie, call me Pommy bastard boss, who's as dry as a nun's nasty, & tell 'im a porkie.

grievous
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by grievous » July 3, 2014, 7:30 pm

GT93 wrote:From the urban dictionary:

"A person from the state of West Australia - the largest and most important state in Australia. Sandgropers are well-known for being taller, healthier and better-looking than other Australians. Moreover, they are characterized by high intelligence. Sandgroper men tend to be strong and athletic. Sangroper women tend to be strong, athletic and extremely beautiful.

You can see what a bloke from WA is like by the creature they chose to represent them :roll:
Attachments
sandgroper-1.jpg
Sandgroper

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by jackspratt » July 3, 2014, 7:57 pm

grievous wrote:
GT93 wrote:From the urban dictionary:

You can see what a bloke from WA is like by the creature they chose to represent them :roll:
Remind us - where is Karratha again? :-k

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by stattointhailand » July 3, 2014, 8:32 pm

Looks more like a small dick than a Karratha jack :lol: ........ err what's a karratha?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by BobHelm » July 3, 2014, 8:44 pm

Jack was being his usual observant self... :D
Kara.jpg
Kara.jpg (25.51 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Karratha is a town adjoining the port of Dampier in the Pilbara region of Western Australia

grievous
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by grievous » July 3, 2014, 8:53 pm

Strewth I'm Just visiting Karratha as t's a Bonza place to earn a quid Jack.

Harpo
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by Harpo » July 4, 2014, 3:54 am

jackspratt wrote:I am not sure "bogan" was a term that would have been used by coxo's grandfather. It certainly wasn't by my grandfather, nor my father for that matter - who as ex-navy, and then a carpenter and builder, used most of the colloquialisms that I grew up with.
Fair F***ing Dinkum Jackie Sprattly...here is Coxo reminiscing about loving times spent with his good old grand dad, whom one would suspect both shared a common bond, then Coxo chucks in "bogan " to his post
, and as a consequence..... along comes Sir Jackie Sprattly with his surgeon like analytical observations of all post on Udonmap, and zero's in on a post that is trying to relate to "layed back, good old Aussie slang, that most true Aussie's understand" and except with humour that bogan is just an add on, who cares.....shame on you JS....are you at the minimum, just a little bit embarrassed ?...... [-X [-X [-X .....cheers harpo
Great Southern Land

downunder
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by downunder » July 4, 2014, 6:44 am

Well said Harpo, Bogans come in many shapes and forms, especially from those who choose to reside in the sticks, away from others. They organize their own little world, A Bogan is one thing, but a smart ass Bogan ?????

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by jackspratt » July 4, 2014, 9:35 am

Harpo wrote: Fair F***ing Dinkum Jackie Sprattly...here is Coxo reminiscing about loving times spent with his good old grand dad, whom one would suspect both shared a common bond, then Coxo chucks in "bogan " to his post
, and as a consequence..... along comes Sir Jackie Sprattly with his surgeon like analytical observations of all post on Udonmap, and zero's in on a post that is trying to relate to "layed back, good old Aussie slang, that most true Aussie's understand" and except with humour that bogan is just an add on, who cares.....shame on you JS....are you at the minimum, just a little bit embarrassed ?...... [-X [-X [-X .....cheers harpo
I will get embarrassed when I start posting rambling, barely coherent nonsense - how about you Harpo? ;)

But please, do keep following my posts .......... it can only help you with your deficiencies. :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Aussie slang dying out?

Post by jackspratt » July 4, 2014, 9:40 am

downunder wrote:Well said Harpo, Bogans come in many shapes and forms, especially from those who choose to reside in the sticks, away from others. They organize their own little world, A Bogan is one thing, but a smart ass Bogan ?????
My definition of bogan is slightly different to yours. I would have thought the quintessential bogan is one who has a Aussie flag + kangaroo as their avatar. Unlike your goodself, poor old Harpo only qualifies on the first part. :D

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”