Coins

General Udon Thani topics only!
hermajesty
udonmap.com

Coins

Post by hermajesty » July 22, 2013, 5:38 pm

Hello,

We have a pile of "loose" coins we'd like to trade in for bills. I thought I had seen a thread and/or advise on this topic already but can't seem to find it when I search. (they are no longer loose because I bagged them up by denomination)

Does anyone know where to turn in coins like this? Should I try our bank?

Thanks
HM

747man
udonmap.com

Coins

Post by 747man » July 22, 2013, 6:38 pm

Spend them in Tesco/Lotus .......If Not,I'm CERTAIN Your bank will take them off you, If Not You can GIVE them to myself...555

trubrit
udonmap.com

Coins

Post by trubrit » July 22, 2013, 7:02 pm

If there the low value 'satang" coins I have found the banks are reluctant to take them, however most of the major supermarkets are quite pleased to do so. Don't pay for your bill with them though , don't think the queue behind you would appreciate it . Take them to customer services .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

parrot
udonmap.com

Coins

Post by parrot » July 22, 2013, 7:03 pm

Several years ago I took 10 or so bags of baht coins to Bangkok Bank. The girl accepted them. Nowadays, I keep the truck ashtray full of coins and use them in the markets. Sometimes we'll put a hundred in a few bags for the market vendors. They're usually more than happy to exchange them for bills.

What to do with a few cups of satang coins??

randerson79
udonmap.com

Coins

Post by randerson79 » July 22, 2013, 9:04 pm

About once a month I stuff all my coins in the orange phone top up machines. If you put more than 100 baht on you phone there isn't a charge. Usually covers my phone and Internet for the month. I find a machine that's not to busy cause it takes a while to do. Easy way to get rid of all the change. But they don't take the pesky satang coins.

pompui
udonmap.com

Coins

Post by pompui » July 23, 2013, 2:33 am

When getting your change from 7/11,make sure you get the satang also :lol: Will not take long before you have saved enough satang for a can of Archa \:D/
Charity boxes everywhere,Tesco/Airport/Archa appreciation society,all would thank a donation =D>

shimpiden

Coins- satang

Post by shimpiden » September 2, 2014, 1:10 pm

If anyone is looking for a home for their Satang, I know a meter reader here in Udon who is desperate for them. He will of course, reimburse you to the full value. Just drop me a line.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”