British man beaten on Soi Sanpan last night

General Udon Thani topics only!
colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » December 21, 2014, 11:08 am

Last night I was in UD Town playing pool with friends. On my way home I stopped at 7/11 to pick up a few things. A young British man, mid twenties, was being attended too by his Thai GF. He had a nasty cut on the bridge of his nose, bleeding from his nose and mouth. I ask him if I could be of assistance and recommended that he go to the hospital. He said no he would be ok. I was concerned he was suffering from a concussion.
He said he was attacked by 7 young Thai men for no reason, beaten and kicked on Soi Sanpan. I did not see the beating. I was talking to my good friend Gary last week about the “hoe” incident where the young German man was injured. We were wondering whether Thai Youth have a new sport. Farang bashing?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 21, 2014, 11:10 am

colt1911 wrote:Last night I was in UD Town playing pool with friends. On my way home I stopped at 7/11 to pick up a few things. A young British man, mid twenties, was being attended too by his Thai GF. He had a nasty cut on the bridge of his nose, bleeding from his nose and mouth. I ask him if I could be of assistance and recommended that he go to the hospital. He said no he would be ok. I was concerned he was suffering from a concussion.
He said he was attacked by 7 young Thai men for no reason, beaten and kicked on Soi Sanpan. I did not see the beating. I was talking to my good friend Gary last week about the “hoe” incident where the young German man was injured. We were wondering whether Thai Youth have a new sport. Farang bashing?
How VERY Brave of them 7 onto 1.......... ShIthouses.. [-X [-X [-X :( :( :(

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 21, 2014, 11:19 am

The changing face of Udon, sad .....

mistymiles
udonmap.com

Post by mistymiles » December 21, 2014, 11:25 am

This has been going on for sometime. Udon is filled with cowards. I heard dogs fighting last night with more dignity.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » December 21, 2014, 12:42 pm

And then again might have been another girlfriend who he was cheating on and got caught but was to embarrased to tell you that.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 21, 2014, 1:23 pm

merchant seaman wrote:And then again might have been another girlfriend who he was cheating on and got caught but was to embarrased to tell you that.
why do I tend to think that this is more likely closer to the truth than "he was attacked by 7 young Thai men for no reason" :-k

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 21, 2014, 1:45 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
merchant seaman wrote:And then again might have been another girlfriend who he was cheating on and got caught but was to embarrased to tell you that.
why do I tend to think that this is more likely closer to the truth than "he was attacked by 7 young Thai men for no reason" :-k
I Think you are correct Statts, Probably the 7 Young Thais had drunk a bottle of Laocoa between them.... :( :( :(

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » December 21, 2014, 1:47 pm

Because if 7 young Thai men on Soi Sapan had jumped him for no reason some of the local shopkeepers would have most likely jumped in to help the young farang.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » December 21, 2014, 2:04 pm

So maybe they said something derogatory to his gf,she explains to him,he gives them the finger or abuse and hey presto the ragheads all get involved :-k
But then again,what time was this,drink involved etc :-k

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 21, 2014, 4:03 pm

That's a heck of an assumption considering he had his Girlfriend with him. Do we presume his other sent Seven Thai Boys to give him a kicking ????

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 21, 2014, 4:56 pm

Aardvark wrote:
That's a heck of an assumption considering he had his Girlfriend with him. Do we presume his other sent Seven Thai Boys to give him a kicking ????
Or even perhaps it was his "Other" that was with him, having reclaimed her prize possession, and he didn't wan't to upset the little lady by accusing her :-k

or ....

oh hell there could be 100 different scenarios but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story :-"

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 21, 2014, 7:53 pm

Ok, moderators, we need to call time on Pom bashing, it's probably gone too far. :shock:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 21, 2014, 8:11 pm

Concur.
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 21, 2014, 10:32 pm

Earnest wrote:Ok, moderators, we need to call time on Pom bashing, it's probably gone too far. :shock:
There YOU Go again...................TELLING The Mods what to do, Did'nt THAT get you into trouble somewhere else.. :shock:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 21, 2014, 10:49 pm

Er, no.

Sometimes you have to dig a little deeper to appreciate the irony, Alan. Now run along and come back when you get it. ;)
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

bignote1
udonmap.com

Post by bignote1 » December 21, 2014, 11:24 pm

Oh dear! I'm in Udon for a few days in April. Do Udonites recommend I invite my friends Grippa Burke and Knuckles Kapone to accompany me?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 22, 2014, 12:40 am

I don't assume it's 7 Thais. It might have been just one or two. If he was attacked by 7, he was probably fortunate he was beaten even more severely.

It seems that there's a young fella murdered in a fight in my city every second weekend. If Grippa Burke and Knuckles Kapone need to accompany us in Udon, they'd be needed in New Zealand as well.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 22, 2014, 4:07 am

GT93 wrote:I don't assume it's 7 Thais. It might have been just one or two. If he was attacked by 7, he was probably fortunate he was beaten even more severely.

It seems that there's a young fella murdered in a fight in my city every second weekend. If Grippa Burke and Knuckles Kapone need to accompany us in Udon, they'd be needed in New Zealand as well.
You must be from a very violent city, I live in a small town close to Vancouver which is a fairly large city and I can't recall anyone being beaten to death in a fight. You can try to justify the bs going on in Thailand but the reality is it is dangerous and a lot of people have been killed and attacked in the Issan area lately. Just walking around Udon I can see the unfriendly attitude from a lot of locals, definately not like things were 12 years ago when I first arrived. You don't have to believe me, just read the papers.

bignote1
udonmap.com

Post by bignote1 » December 22, 2014, 6:29 am

Steady on old chap.
Vancouver (population650000) in October according to the VPD had 761 violent crimes (they didn't say how many people died), 6346 property crimes, and 997 criminal code violations ..... a total of 8104 crimes
Leeds in Yorkshire (population 750000) had 5548 crimes reported which included burglary, robbery, vehicle crime, violence and anti-social behaviour. Once again they didn't report how many people died. Police seem loathe to publish that figure. Property crime in Vancouver is twice as high as Toronto or NYC...so I don't think the rest of the world will be saying how crime free Vancouver is or how well it's policed.
I go to Udon every year and have done for the last 8 years and certainly have not detected an unfriendly attitude from the locals. I will admit though I don't wander the streets at 3am.
GT do you have stats for Auckland.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 22, 2014, 7:17 am

the original story doesn't specify the time he met the young fellow in the 7-11.. Usually young gangs of Thai males get into stuff like this later in the evening after they're all drunk and have that whiskey courage.

Recommending that he go to the hospital is fine, but no mention was made of calling the police or the Tourist Police.. With all the media attention the Thai-German "hoeing" incident at Nong Prajak had, I imagine the Police would be quite responsive to another Farang-bashing incident..
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”