Corruptions at Immigration? or What?

General Udon Thani topics only!
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 30, 2015, 8:35 pm

We all have phones now that will record everything, so as soon as you sit down whip out the phone and start recording, they just might get the hint, but I doubt it. :evil:

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » April 30, 2015, 9:19 pm

Right Guy's , the 6 months on passport was an estimate it was actually 7 months ,they transfer all the information out of the old passport re any previous Visa's, all written by hand ,usually on one page ,the reason why I'm questioning this is because in 2012 ,i got a new passport and all the previous Visa's etc were tranfered into my new passport (yes also the free500bht service) but my current Visa didn't expire with my passport it carried forward into new passport ,, maybe the rules have changed since 2012 ,??or maybe it's just fkin Udon again

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 1, 2015, 3:50 pm

Jello wrote:
RLTrader wrote: The problem is that they (Udon) will not tell you that when it expires and you have the new passport, you will need to re-apply for a new VISA.

In short if you don't have a year left on your passport, what is left is what you pay 1,900 baht for, and then start the year again. Mine now ends in January, which I kinda like, compared to September.
Well that's a good bit of info to know. What exactly do they put in your new passport when they transfer your visa extension? Just a new extension stamp?

I'll be running into the same problem as my passport will expire 6 months after my next visa extension.
I'm wondering, if I get a new passport early (on the same month that I apply for my visa extension) then I should be able to avoid the above problem and the transfer fee?
Jello, you are correct , if you apply for new passport early , ( england i think you can 9 months before ) then into extortion office for extension of stay Visa, due date , at same time have the previous Visa's put into new passport ,you can avoid the problems ,

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » May 1, 2015, 7:47 pm

Hoopoe wrote:Right Guy's , the 6 months on passport was an estimate it was actually 7 months ,they transfer all the information out of the old passport re any previous Visa's, all written by hand ,usually on one page ,the reason why I'm questioning this is because in 2012 ,i got a new passport and all the previous Visa's etc were tranfered into my new passport (yes also the free500bht service) but my current Visa didn't expire with my passport it carried forward into new passport ,, maybe the rules have changed since 2012 ,??or maybe it's just fkin Udon again
You are correct the rule changed a few years back,if your passport expired in 6 mths then a new extension could only be extended to the end of the life of that passport.
It was well documented on Thaivisa and no doubt on here at the time

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 3, 2015, 10:45 am

According to the New Regulation from August 13, 2013, when submitting application for Visa Extension if the validity of passport of the applicant is not longer than one year left before expiry, the extension of stay will be permitted not exceeding the expired date of passport.
After the renewal of your passport of obtaining a new passport, you have to re-apply for Visa Extension by submitting required document and paying extension fee ( 1,900 Baht ). In case of overstay, the fine is 500 Baht per day.
http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php
as info... ;)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 3, 2015, 1:52 pm

kopkei wrote:According to the New Regulation from August 13, 2013, when submitting application for Visa Extension if the validity of passport of the applicant is not longer than one year left before expiry, the extension of stay will be permitted not exceeding the expired date of passport.
After the renewal of your passport of obtaining a new passport, you have to re-apply for Visa Extension by submitting required document and paying extension fee ( 1,900 Baht ). In case of overstay, the fine is 500 Baht per day.
http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php
as info... ;)
Thanks kopkei. Good info to be aware of.
UFF DA!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 4, 2015, 7:37 am

a + with this is that the validity of your passport (6-18 months ?) when applying for extension is not important anymore ..
if you have a year visa fe until sept 2015 and your passport is valid until jan 2016 , you can easy make a new passport before your visa expires and keep both new and old passports until you need to make your extension ( as your old passport is cancelled but not the thai visa extension in it ,and in udon they will charge you 500 baht for transferring the visa to your new pp , without receipt ...up to you , you will pay or not .... ;)

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 16, 2015, 12:57 pm

Imagine what these guys were up to, and they get transferred is that it ???????????????????????????????????

None the less they are immigration officers and at least it was acted on for some reason.

It would be pretty hard to imagine any severe punishment for what we see in this thread.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/six-im ... o-district
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 18, 2015, 6:56 am

BobHelm wrote:
wazza wrote:Wonder if a dash cam is worth the money ?
They regularly have them as 'specials' on the Landmark adverts - under 1,000 baht (seen as low as 500 for very basic) - so I would think that they are almost an absolute must add on in Thailand...
These are looking like the best little Dash Cam around at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Mobius-ActionCam- ... B00H0LJ4SG

A Colleague of mine in Honduras has one and has stoppd the local shakedowns after showing them the footage etc....

=D> =D> [-X [-X

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 18, 2015, 7:01 am

Khun Paul wrote:Noted I am going with a fairly influential Thai friend as well shake them up a little.
KP

Any update ??

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 18, 2015, 7:40 am

Conversations have been had behind the scenes. The outcome is as much as you would expect, Imm Police denying everything, but do take the matter seriously, maybe it is just sound-bites . I cannot for the life of me find out why the clampdown was ordered as ordered it certainly was.

I can only work out that there had been infractions and there had been some irregularities not only here but as we know NBL, so maybe it is just to make sure for the next few months that those who may have slipped through the net will NOT do so again.

We do know that there are some who choose to use a back-door method to remain here, while I cannot condone, neither will I condemn them either, but these methods are known about .

The bottom line as far as I can ascertain, the current delay is legal and will remain so at least for the moment, those that use roundabout ways to remain had better sort out their act sharpish. As there appears to be a ground swell of movement to halt those ways from the top down.

That's about it for the moment, I am satisfied that the answers are fair and in line with the current l;egal framework, although I did voice an opinion that it was badly implemented and poorly communicated to us ( foreigners ) , that fact was admitted but in reality no real change.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 18, 2015, 7:56 am

KP

Thanks.

Reading the news and the immigrant issues in Thailand and beyond The Junta probably have enough on their plate trying to juggle and appease the ASEAN block.

Imm officers told to use discretion to deflect critisism.

I imagine if challenged for a fee it might drop off the radar asap if an Alien challenges it.

Agree Visas and correct documentation need to be in place for all Aliens. Issue is they change the goal posts weekly which is a source of frustration for many on UM and those who dont need to visit their offices but still reside long term...

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » May 21, 2015, 7:51 pm

Khun Paul wrote:Conversations have been had behind the scenes. The outcome is as much as you would expect, Imm Police denying everything, but do take the matter seriously, maybe it is just sound-bites . I cannot for the life of me find out why the clampdown was ordered as ordered it certainly was.

I can only work out that there had been infractions and there had been some irregularities not only here but as we know NBL, so maybe it is just to make sure for the next few months that those who may have slipped through the net will NOT do so again.

We do know that there are some who choose to use a back-door method to remain here, while I cannot condone, neither will I condemn them either, but these methods are known about .

The bottom line as far as I can ascertain, the current delay is legal and will remain so at least for the moment, those that use roundabout ways to remain had better sort out their act sharpish. As there appears to be a ground swell of movement to halt those ways from the top down.
Khun Paul Bottom Line fro my prospective some REFORM is SORELY needed in the Immigration Office.
That's about it for the moment, I am satisfied that the answers are fair and in line with the current l;egal framework, although I did voice an opinion that it was badly implemented and poorly communicated to us ( foreigners ) , that fact was admitted but in reality no real change.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 25, 2015, 4:37 pm

I did extension of stay the 11th, come back the 11th for approval. I was not asked if I wanted to "expedite" wouldn't have if so asked. I was not able to get my multi-entry permit at that time, come back 11th, bring another picture. The lady did ask if I needed asap, was I going out of the Kingdom? While I would have liked to said yes, I said no anyway, suspicious. The way I look at it, you piss off Immigration, you get a bye, bye stamp in passport, up to them.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”