mathusalah80
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by mathusalah80 » May 9, 2016, 4:13 pm

Zidane wrote:Last nights results....
The Spuds 1 Southampton 2
Man Citeh 2 Arsenal 2 \:D/
Liverpool 2 Watford 0

1)United have been so poor for most of this season, so I cant believe its in their own hands to qualify for the Champions League now ! :shock:

2)Liverpool continuing to do well. I think they will win the Europa League and be in the top 4 of the EPL next season =;

Zid,1). Popped into your local Lotus, a couple of days ago. Noticed some vintage JC Chardonnay on the shelves; so you will be relieved to know you won't have far to travel to purchase my wine! :D :lol:
2).Want to bet? :-" (even though I share your opinion; which might worry you! :shock: )

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 10, 2016, 9:37 am

The rumour that Van Gaal will be given another year is very disturbing. =;
The match against Norwich just about summed up United for most of this season.It was a dire match by two dire teams,the only plus point being a United victory.
Most of the fans would be distraught if he were given another season. :( I've nothing against Van Gaal,personally,but his tactics are dated and boring.He had his time as a top coach years ago.The game has moved on.
Heres a neutrals perspective of United......our 1 year old granddaughter is a real handful and has to be watched all the time,never sleeping when you want her to.However,we have taken her to watch a couple of Uniteds matches (early kick offs) and she has fallen asleep after the first twenty minutes.(true) :D as have many United fans,no doubt!

Anyway,West Ham entertain Manchester United tonight in the last game ever at the Boleyn Ground.United have to win to keep their Champions League hopes alive.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by mathusalah80 » May 10, 2016, 4:23 pm

[quote="Zidane"]The rumour that Van Gaal will be given another year is very disturbing. =;
Most of the fans would be distraught if he were given another season. :( I've nothing against Van Gaal, personally, but his tactics are dated and boring. He had his time as a top coach years ago. The game has moved on.

I think your assessment, of LvG's performance during his tenure, is a tad too simplistic, and of his coaching abilities, is brutally unfair. However, I believe his immediate future, is likely to be decided as much upon what alternatives are available, as upon what he has achieved to date.
Mourinho, who could teach the Republican Party Establishment a thing or two about underhanded tactics in his pursuit of the appointment, has made it abundantly clear he is prepared to do Utd the favour of becoming Manager. The only other obviously available choice is Pellegrini, who I think would be ideal. But who, as you have previously indicated Zid, would be unlikely to consider such appointment as attractive and enticing as would the football fans in the City of Manchester and, indeed, as would the rest of the footballing world. \:D/
So Zid, here is a straightforward question, which you may well be reluctant to answer, given your past expressions of admiration for the demented Mourinho :-" ;) :lol:
It is: You are given the choice only of either LvG to see out his contract next season, or sack him and appoint Mourinho for three years, at a salary which, reportedly, would be in access of twenty million sterling a year; which option would you choose? . That is, which choice do you consider would be most likely to serve Utd's best future interests and maintain, (rather than destroy! :roll: ), it's hard earned world wide reputation as a club which sets standards of behaviour, both on and off the field, which are the envy of sporting clubs generally, and football clubs in particular, worldwide.
I am of the personal opinion that the extent to which a candidate is likely to devote himself, and give priority, to the best interests of Utd, and to jealously safeguard, and maintain, such reputation, ( and in so doing ensure the colossal amount of revenue derived from it ) , should be a major, if not the major, consideration, when considering the detailed CVs' of Managerial candidates.
So who do you choose, LvG or Mourinho?

wazza
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by wazza » May 10, 2016, 5:02 pm

Don't forget it was Leicester players who were embroiled in the sex tapes in BKK earlier this year.

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 10, 2016, 8:42 pm

"So who do you choose,LVG or Mourinho?"

Donald Trump v Hilary Clinton = no suitable candidate
Sadiq Khan v Zac Goldsmith = no suitable candidate
Louis Van Gaal v Jose Mourinho = no suitable candidate

Clearly Van Gaals "philosophy" is not working at United.Whatever happens,I would like to see Warren Joyce made assistant manager not Ryan Giggs.Warren Joyce is currently manager of United Under 21's who have just won the league for the fourth time in five years.
Oh,and absolutely no way would I like to see Ryan Giggs made manager.He should prove his worth taking charge of a smaller club (Everton ?? :D ) and see how he does there first.

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 11, 2016, 8:32 am

West Ham 3 Manchester United 2

Uniteds Champions League destiny in there own hands and we get a performance like this,particularily the first 45 minutes. :evil:
If it wasn't for Martials brilliance it would have been a pasting ! Yet another reason why Van Gaal should call it quits after the Cup Final ! =;

From the BBC website....
"West Ham United marked their departure from Upton Park after 112 years with a thrilling victory that may have ended Manchester United's chances of Champions League qualification.
Louis van Gaal's side knew victory here and at home to Bournemouth this weekend would secure a top-four place - but this loss means Manchester City are two points clear of them going into their final game at Swansea City.
The visitors' team coach arrived late and was attacked by Hammers fans as it made its way into the stadium, causing the kick-off to be delayed.
When the action got under way West Ham dominated and should have led by more than Diafra Sakho's goal at the break.
Antony Martial turned the game on its head and had Manchester United in charge with only 18 minutes remaining, first ending a sweeping move then beating Darren Randolph at his near post to put the visitors ahead.
West Ham, however, were not to be denied and two towering headers in the space of four minutes from Michail Antonio and Winston Reid gave them the victory they richly deserved."

Tonight its Norwich v Watford,Sunderland v Everton and Liverpool v Chelsea.
Sunderland will be safe if they win and it will be relegation for Norwich and Newcastle.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by mathusalah80 » May 11, 2016, 9:54 am

Zidane wrote:"So who do you choose,LVG or Mourinho?"

Louis Van Gaal v Jose Mourinho = no suitable candidate
Clearly Van Gaals "philosophy" is not working at United.Whatever happens,I would like to see Warren Joyce made assistant manager not Ryan Giggs.Warren Joyce is currently manager of United Under 21's who have just won the league for the fourth time in five years.
Oh,and absolutely no way would I like to see Ryan Giggs made manager.He should prove his worth taking charge of a smaller club (Everton ?? :D ) and see how he does there first.
Tut! Tut! Tut! Zid. [-X [-X
So working through your convoluted, evasive, non response, in effect your remarkable solution, to the problem facing Utd would be, ( notwithstanding you have no suitable, available alternative you would approach), to sack LvG; remove Giggs from the position of Assistant Manager, and appoint Warren Joyce in his place. In the absence of appointing a Manager,the implementation of your decisions would effectively amount to, ipso facto, appointing WARREN JOYCE as, (at least temporary) MANAGER OF UNITED, :-s 8-[ and going without an Assistant Manager, for the start of the 2016-17. I have to admit that the implementation of such a mind boggling solution would at least ensure the added "benefits' of starting the new season with of a squad of unsettled players, unsure of their futures, and a club in continuing disarray season. :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: The Utd Board, and Utd supporters worldwide, must be offering up thanks to He who rules from above, that you are not in charge at Utd. [-o< [-o< [-o< Would you consider the alternative position of football comedian, serving this EPL thread? :lol: :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 11, 2016, 10:50 am

Van Gaals philosophy isn't working.....they cant retain him for another season.
Of those available,who would be interested in the post,there is only Mourinho.So reluctantly,I would have to go for him although its not a long term solution to the managerial problem(s h i t or bust describes it) and would mean Warren Joyce would have to stay in charge of the Under 21's.
Uniteds Board missed a trick around November last year when they had gone about 11 games at home without a first half goal and an average of one shot on goal per match,and Klopp was available.

mat,why don't you log into the Red Café forum to see what United fans think about the situation.Better still,why don't you become a member of that forum ? There is no age limit or test of mental competence,as far as I know,so you should be OK ! :D

The two bottles of Chardonnay are slipping from your grasp after last nights result ! =;

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by mathusalah80 » May 11, 2016, 2:08 pm

Zidane wrote:Van Gaals philosophy isn't working.....they cant retain him for another season.
1).Of those available,who would be interested in the post,there is only Mourinho.So reluctantly,I would have to go for him 2)Uniteds Board missed a trick around November last year when they had gone about 11 games at home without a first half goal and an average of one shot on goal per match, and Klopp was available.

3)mat, why don't you log into the Red Café forum to see what United fans think about the situation. Better still, why don't you become a member of that forum ? 4)There is no age limit or test of mental competence, as far as I know, so you should be OK ! :D

5)The two bottles of Chardonnay are slipping from your grasp after last nights result ! =;
1) Phew! An answer at last. =D> =D> Even if it is one I would expect from a City supporter. [-X
2). Not to mention Guardiola! But that is history, and the major concern for Utd is that the club starts making personnel decisions likely to enhance, not impair, it's reputation and commercial profitability. I very seriously doubt Mourinho fills those essential requirements; my belief is that his appointment would result in the very opposite effect.
3) You are perfectly well aware, I am very anti 'social media'. I remain a member solely of this Forum, and do so only to keep you to some semblance of acceptable behaviour and, given my kind and generous nature, for the purpose of adding a touch of class and culture to the Forum with an occasional post on other threads. :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/
4)So clearly the same as this troll riddled Forum, and all other forms of social media. Just think; were maturity and intelligence requirements introduced, social media would collapse, followed by mass suicides by people no longer seeing any purpose in life! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
5) We both know the decision has already been made, and that it will remain unaffected by either last night's result or that of the Cup Final. But I do wish the club would let us know, so that I am able to learn whether I must continue saving to buy the wine, or can afford to start eating once again. 8-[
Enjoy tonight. I will be supporting one of the ablest and best Managers ever to grace the EL. Just imagine what 'Big Sam' might have achieved had he been handsome, dressed immaculately, didn't chew gum endlessly, and was 'establishment' :(

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2016, 7:17 pm

I am informed by a source (Close to the club?) that LvG will NOT be seeing out the final year on his contract.
There are 2 options currently being assessed and for obvious reasons there can be no announcement BEFORE tonights matches.
Option 1 ..... Ryan Giggs to manage Newcastle next season in the Championship, thus allowing Rafa to take over at Everton (and be close to his family again). That would then free up Martinez to take over at OT. That's not as daft as at first it seems, Martinez is a very good coach of forward players and is hopeless with defenders, Man U have some good forward players and hopeless defenders (Smalling, Blind Roco etc etc). It doesn't matter how much coaching you give them they will still be useless so why waste the effort in the first place.

Option 2 (my fav) Jose to United on a five year contract. Jose being "LOANED" out to PSG with united paying half his wages and Laurent Blanc making the move back to OT as manager :-)

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 12, 2016, 8:23 am

Well,the first thing to do this morning is to congratulate Sunderland who have survived relegation from the Premiership after comprehensively beating a poor Everton side 3-0. =D>
Norwich beat Watford 4-2 but it was too late to save them from the drop.They are relegated along with Newcastle and,of course,Aston Villa.
An injury time goal from Christian Benteke earned Liverpool a 1-1 draw with Chelsea.
So,its disappointing news for forum stalwarts statto and socksy. :( Next season they will be posting in the "Grass Roots Footie"thread for Newcastle along with fans from Leeds,Scunthorpe,Cheltenham Town and Macclesfield.
At least statto has made proviso for Newcastle going down by throwing himself into writing reviews for Trip Advisor and socksy has the consolation that Glasgow Rangers are back in the Scottish Premiership.

Incidentally,there is a rumour now that Manuel Pellegrini will be taking over as manager of Everton ? :-k

So this weekend is the last set of EPL games for this season.Not many teams will have much to play for.....maybe the two Manchester clubs,West Ham and Liverpool but that's about it.....possibly the Spuds and Arsenal over 2nd spot ?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » May 12, 2016, 10:28 am

Pretty fair summary of the Newcastle situation on the Beeb..
Newcastle relegated: After years of poor decisions, what next for Magpies?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36266059

It will be interesting to see if Rafael stays. The Championship is no easy league to get out of & more rewarding tasks will undoubtedly be offered to him from abroad..

Big Sam does it again, but Sunderland often looked a nice footballing outfit as well as organised. Next year will probably be as much of a struggle though - although his sides rarely make it easy for the opposition.

botaknh
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by botaknh » May 12, 2016, 11:50 am

Shame really, no more derby matches, no more free points. Feel sorry for Jack Colback switching sides to avoid relegation battles, er wait a minute, no I don't feel sorry, couldn't be happier

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 12, 2016, 12:10 pm

Congrats to the Mackems and comizzes to the Magpies ... shame to see Newcastle and for that matter The Villa going down as both huge clubs ,,alas just didnt perform ..

IMO ...
Villa sold the back bone of the side without replacing any one ... a no brainer ...

Norwich started the season brightly but fell away as it went on due to lack of depth / quality in the squad.

Newcastle ... held on to Mclaren tooooo long he should have gone earlier , spent big money on average player prancers n dancers not woth the price tags , desperate signings ... also in the last few weeks the Mackems showed fight passion and the will to win where as Newcastle did not and played on in the same style finally going out with a whimper at Villa last week ..

All the above will find it hard to get out of a very tight and competitive Championship the first time of asking .

HEY what do i know im a Scunny fan .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by mathusalah80 » May 12, 2016, 1:25 pm

stattointhailand wrote:1)I am informed by a source (Close to the club?) that LvG will NOT be seeing out the final year on his contract.
2)Option 2 (my fav) Jose to United on a five year contract. Jose being "LOANED" out to PSG with united paying half his wages and Laurent Blanc making the move back to OT as manager :-)
WELCOME BACK. :D :D :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/
1). You shouldn't believe everything Zid tells you; he has a vested interest [-X :roll:
2). Assuming the loan to PSG remains in effect for the full five years, I agree that would be fantastically good news for EPL fans. :D :D \:D/ \:D/ If coming into effect, Utd. should then receive a special award for outstanding service to all the EPL clubs, the Managers, the Referees, the fans and football in general, ( and to Wenger & Rannieri in particular :-" ), for preventing the return of Mourinho to the EPL. =D> =D>
Compare the joyful FOOTBALL dominated current season to the previous MOURINHO dominated season of unpleasantness, divisiveness, controversy, confrontation and disrespect. Impossible for me to understand any true football fan preferring a repeat of the toxic, Mourinho inspired, MOURINHO dominated environment of last season, to that of the joyful, unifying, Rannieri inspired, FOOTBALL dominated environment of this current season. Sheer madness!

PS1. OK, I admit my senility, not to mention my intense dislike of acronyms, so tell me someone, who or what is OT? :oops:
PS2. Strong rumours circulating, that the new President of FIFA has sounded out Mourinho about accepting an, (unspecified), position with FIFA. Given the high probability the DNA of FIFA will not be changing, I think Mourinho and FIFA are a perfect fit.

botaknh
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by botaknh » May 12, 2016, 3:17 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:Congrats to the Mackems and comizzes to the Magpies ... shame to see Newcastle and for that matter The Villa going down as both huge clubs ,,alas just didnt perform ..
Cheers Jon. Now when are you going to start stocking this

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » May 12, 2016, 8:03 pm

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » May 13, 2016, 7:32 am

"Socksy has the consolation that Glasgow Rangers are back in the Scottish Premiership".

My focus will be mainly on the 'grass roots' thread next season thanks to the SPL being included there, and thanks to a load of 'prima donna's' on the field, boardroom, coaches and managers alike at SJP.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » May 13, 2016, 7:39 am

"Martinez sacked" FF04.

Martinez had a good first season,taking Everton to 5th and playing some nice football but its been all downhill since then.
Some of their performances in the last month or two have been woeful.They are currently only 2 points above Bournemouth who are down in 16th.
With the squad they had this season they should have been challenging for a top 6 place.
Names being mentioned to replace Martinez include Frank de Boer (who resigned as Ajax boss on Wednesday),Manuel Pellegrini,Marco Bielsa and.......Rafa Benitez :shock: if that one happened it would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons on Merseyside ! :D

goodison
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by goodison » May 13, 2016, 8:06 am

Conspiracy theories abound! Toffees rolled over at Stadium of Light to ensure "The magpies were relegated and for Senor Benitez to invoke the clause in his contact enabling him to leave should The geordies go down. Rafa does, after all have a home in Caldy on the Wirral a stones throw across The Mersey =D> David Moyes, a good friend of Bill Kenwright may do a U-Turn? However as Sky have been saying all night/morning Frank De Boer is the Bookies favourite: De Boer by name, how about by nature? Toffees cancelled end of season celebratory awards ceremony with 600? meals being donated to charity.

Return to “World Sports”