English Premier League 2016/17

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 5, 2016, 9:29 am

Premier League champions Leicester City have agreed a deal with CSKA Moscow to sign Nigeria forward Ahmed Musa, according to the player's agent.
The 23-year-old, who joined CSKA in 2012 and scored 54 goals in 168 games, is set to sign for what BBC Sport understands is a Foxes club-record fee.
"Everything has been finalised and Musa will be in England for his medical on Wednesday," Tony Harris told BBC Sport.
BBC Sport understands Musa turned down Southampton, Everton and West Ham.
Leicester have also signed French midfielder Nampalys Mendy from Nice on a four-year contract.
The 24-year-old, who won promotion to Ligue 1 under Foxes manager Claudio Ranieri when he was at Monaco, joins the Premier League champions for an undisclosed fee.

Stoke City assistant manager Mark Bowen has confirmed the Potters are interested in signing former Manchester United winger Nani. :-s
The 29-year-old Portugal forward is set to play in Wednesday's Euro 2016 semi-final against Wales in Lyon.

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 5, 2016, 9:47 am

BBC Sport understands Musa turned down Southampton, Everton and West Ham......Will be HIS Loss !!!!!

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 5, 2016, 2:33 pm

747man wrote:Oh Dear, Brian Davis will be " Doing His Nut "
Even these days, that's a hell of a lot of money. Palace has their share of tv money + American investment too, but no Palace fan wants to see the Club getting ripped off, or just spending unwisely. There are memories and not that long ago, of the Club being in Administration. Pre-Liverpool, he was hot stuff and Palace, if he signs, will be hoping he can recreate some of that form. Opinions from Liverpool are mixed, it seems. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk › Sport › Football › Football News › Liverpool FC. But many feel 'Pool will be laughing at getting most of their money back. Others, that he might fit in very well at Palace.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 6, 2016, 8:01 am

Crystal Palace have signed defender James Tomkins from Premier League rivals West Ham United for £10m.
The 27-year-old, who has signed a five-year contract, is Palace's third summer signing, after midfielder Andros Townsend and goalkeeper Steve Mandanda.
Tomkins joined West Ham's academy aged seven and went on to make 243 first-team appearances, scoring 11 goals.
Palace chairman Steve Parish said Tomkins was a player that manager Alan Pardew had "always wanted to sign".

Nani has now signed a 3 year deal with Valencia.....so a narrow escape for Stoke fans !

This headline caught my eye...."Everton interested in signing Schmeichel" :-s Wow,he's 52....surely only as a back up keeper,Alan ?? :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 6, 2016, 10:12 am

This headline caught my eye...."Everton interested in signing Schmeichel" :-s Wow,he's 52....surely only as a back up keeper,Alan ?? :D.......His Boy,Andy as you well KNOW........

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 6, 2016, 4:04 pm

747man wrote:This headline caught my eye...."Everton interested in signing Schmeichel" :-s Wow,he's 52....surely only as a back up keeper,Alan ?? :D.......His Boy,Andy as you well KNOW........
He's a forward 747. little known half brother of Kasper, Jock Fergie-Schmeichel (born just after Peter left Man U)

Good mate of Bradley & Shaun Wright Phillips, Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain and Bryan Robson Kanu :^o

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 6, 2016, 5:07 pm

Evertonians know I don't give info lightly. You will soon be queuing to get Mata on the back of your Everton shirt. Done deal. Goodnight.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 6, 2016, 5:45 pm

747man wrote:Evertonians know I don't give info lightly. You will soon be queuing to get Mata on the back of your Everton shirt. Done deal. Goodnight.
Does that mean they have lost out on Alex Witsel then? (Shame, fans would have been able to make use of their old Fellani wigs :-k )

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 6, 2016, 6:52 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
747man wrote:Evertonians know I don't give info lightly. You will soon be queuing to get Mata on the back of your Everton shirt. Done deal. Goodnight.
Does that mean they have lost out on Alex Witsel then? (Shame, fans would have been able to make use of their old Fellani wigs :-k )
No Statts, The TWO Of them are coming ( IF You believe what the papers say ) But Mata is 1/6 with the bookies to sign,Chelski have tried to hijack the Witsel Deal.... :shock: :shock:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 6, 2016, 8:36 pm

BTW your closet Evertonian in Udon has had MATA on the back of his Everton Shirt for years ....

Your Number 80

MAThusAlah

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 7, 2016, 6:25 pm

Some good news for Brian ...... If you can believe what is in the Sun :-"

"West Ham are looking to hijack Crystal Palace's £30m move for Liverpool striker Christian Benteke." (The Sun)

BTW Jordan Ibe to Bournemouth :-$

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 7, 2016, 7:30 pm

Has gone a bit quiet on Benteke as far as Palace is concerned. And apparently made bids for others. I'm sure teams want players in asap, to join in the pre-season training and games. As well as some UK games including one against Valencia, there's a tour to the US too.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 8, 2016, 12:28 pm

Middlesbrough have signed former Barcelona and Manchester United goalkeeper Victor Valdes.
The 34-year-old, who has played 106 Champions League games, has signed on a two-year deal after being released by United in June.
Valdes spent time on loan with Standard Liege last season.
"You can't imagine how delighted I am because it's not usual to bring players like him to recently promoted teams," said head coach Aitor Karanka.
Valdes becomes Middlesbrough's fifth signing this summer, following Viktor Fischer, Bernardo Espinosa, Marten de Roon and defender Jordan McGhee.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 12, 2016, 7:52 am

Bit of a surprise,this one.....he played for Italy in Euro 2016 and was one of the leading goalscorers in the EPL last season.
Guess its another case of money talks......Southampton looking as though they might struggle this season.

Southampton striker Graziano Pelle has joined Chinese Super League side Shandong Luneng for £12m.
Pelle, 30, joined the Premier League side from Feyenoord in 2014 and scored 30 goals in 81 appearances.
He made his Italy debut while playing for Southampton and was part of their Euro 2016 squad, scoring twice.
Pelle is the third player to leave the Saints this summer, after midfielder Victor Wanyama joined Tottenham and Liverpool signed forward Sadio Mane.
Former AZ Alkmaar and Parma forward Pelle joins ex-Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse at Shandong, who are managed by former Fulham boss Felix Magath.
Saints, meanwhile, have signed Bayern Munich midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg for a reported £12.8m.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 12, 2016, 5:48 pm

I guess it's all about the money. Personally, I can't really imagine players enjoying playing or living in China. Perhaps I'm mistaken?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 12, 2016, 7:13 pm

Brian Davis wrote:I guess it's all about the money. Personally, I can't really imagine players enjoying playing or living in China. Perhaps I'm mistaken?
Rumour is that he mistakenly paid a visit to the Juniper Berry in Southampton and it scared the living daylights out of him 8-[

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 12, 2016, 7:19 pm

Whatever you think about Jose, he must be very strong :-k
Proof positive that Rooney and Mata don't talk off the pitch either :-"

MOURINHO ARRIVAL LIFTS ROONEY

Manchester United skipper Wayne Rooney is thrilled at the prospect of playing under new manager Jose Mourinho next season.

"I'm really excited to be working with Jose this season as he's one of the best managers in the world," Rooney told Inside United magazine. "And it's an exciting time for Manchester United.

"I've always respected him both as a man and a manager, he's a nice guy and one of the most successful managers of all time."

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 12, 2016, 8:17 pm

"I've always respected him both as a man and a manager, he's a nice guy and one of the most successful managers of all time."..................Just WAIT Till he drops yer,For being Too Fat !!

Nevoil
udonmap.com

Post by Nevoil » July 12, 2016, 8:43 pm

747man wrote:"I've always respected him both as a man and a manager, he's a nice guy and one of the most successful managers of all time."..................Just WAIT Till he drops yer,For being Too Fat !!
HA HA HA :D :D :D

You can just see it now!!! =D> =D> =D>

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » July 13, 2016, 12:19 am

747man wrote:"I've always respected him both as a man and a manager, he's a nice guy and one of the most successful managers of all time."..................Just WAIT Till he drops yer,For being Too Fat !!
Fat is what he is dispicible creature :mrgreen:

Return to “World Sports”