Thai herbal medicine pills.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Arosolius
udonmap.com

Thai herbal medicine pills.

Post by Arosolius » July 30, 2017, 10:43 am

Does anybody know what this medicine is? It's supposed to cure gout, pain in the joints and arthritis etc. I know a few people who use it and swear by it but I can't find out what the ingredients are. My Thai friends can't translate most of it as it appears to include the botanical names for plants they are unfamiliar with. The stuff comes in small cylindrical pills, 5 to a pack. All I've managed to get translated is that it's from somebody who calls himself Dr. Ken and there's Thai herbs and honey in it. Despite the fact that people tell me it's effective on a number of fronts I'm reluctant to take the stuff until I know what it contains.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Thai herbal medicine pills.

Post by parrot » July 30, 2017, 12:05 pm

It's a concoction, no percentages, of things like mallotus repandus, acanthus ebrateatus, derris scandens, Betula alnoides, elephantopus scaber and several others. And like so many herbal concoctions, it's made to cure all sorts of ills.
โรคเก๊าท์ gout is listed as one of those ills.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 30, 2017, 12:50 pm

also ANNONACEAE, Cryptolepis dubia, and Orthosiphon aristatus mixed with honey

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 30, 2017, 1:12 pm

Dr Ken qualified to practice ???

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 30, 2017, 5:28 pm

wazza wrote:
July 30, 2017, 1:12 pm
Dr Ken qualified to practice ???
When it comes to Thai or Chinese herbal remedies, I doubt most real doctors would recommend them. But the reality is that thousands of Thais use them. One of my favorites is fah talai jone (ฟ้าทะลายโจร Andrographis paniculata). It's my go-to when my stomach starts to act up or on days when I don't feel up to par. The herb itself is extremely bitter (as are most herbal medicines)......but crushed and placed in capsules, you won't taste it. Herbal medicines like these are even sold in 7-11's.....along with a variety of other everyday herbal remedies.
I'd say it's a good idea to know what you're taking....as in looking up the herb or concoction in google. In the case of the op's medicine, there's no way knowing what the makeup of the medicine is, other than what's in it.

Return to “Health & Beauty”