Night Market Get Together

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » January 28, 2007, 9:56 pm

yes Americas finest are in town,but not to many.

didnt drink at the market,just go to get bagfulls of food to take home and munch,met LA there had a quick chat and went home..
buy you a beer next time..

www.udonmap.com

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 2, 2007, 2:50 pm

Tommorow nights meeting (Sat 3rd) kicks off at the usual spot in the night market (Preecha Market nr the big screen).

I noticed on the money forum that LA and Stan will be attending also so I thought I'd post it here to keep everyone updated. I'm sure Val will be at his usual spot too sampling the eye candy.

I'm in Khon Kaen for the weekend so I won't be attending. Have a good night everyone.

:mrgreen:

Mainer
udonmap.com

Post by Mainer » February 2, 2007, 11:57 pm

What time are you there?

muscle
udonmap.com

Post by muscle » February 3, 2007, 12:38 am

There are a few AF flight crew members in town that I recognized but no mass hordes.
Flight crews are usually not difficult to deal with. We did a cruise of the Night Market and no groups of grunts were out, Val. My guess is that there are some curfew restrictions. And remember, it is illegal according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, to engage the services of a prostitute. In the past, that was ignored. There have been GIs prosecuted lately under the UCMJ (www.stripes.com) and I sure they have been briefed on the penalties for being caught without your's (briefs that is). Field Marshal Rummy and the Bush Administration has brought religion back to the troops and many more prosecutions for engaging a prostitute or adultery have been made. Shouldn't be any problems with the few US GIs that are here.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 3, 2007, 8:34 am

Mainer wrote:What time are you there?
7 PM

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 3, 2007, 11:47 pm

Just back from the ''night market'' forum meeting.An all American evening with jetdoc,LA,papaquido,pops and myself.No smokers and a very pleasant group.Liverpool vs.Everton on the big screen,so they place was quite busy with Thais favoring Liverpool.Missed seeing some regulars like Val and others that we were expecting to show!Oh well maybe next time!
Had my first little break from my crash weight loss program as I ate a dish of cashews!But ,I am happy to report that at the moment,my weight is 109 K,down 13 K since Xmas dinner!It will be interesting to see if the cashews have an effect on my very progressive weight loss! :D

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » February 4, 2007, 2:03 pm

a very pleasant and relaxing evening. nice to meet Guido's family. Stan's and mine were also in attendence, so if not having the freedom to go out with the men and bending the elbow, whether beer or water, bring the lady or family along, plenty to talk with usually. Scott and Cliff were enjoying their family break :D Taking up the end of the tables, were Ree's sisters, and significant others, one gent from singapore who flew in just for the night, ouch, love is great. didn't want to bother him with questions about the new service, as his time was limited, ok, i forgot to ask.

Stan was looking good, ok, that's a stretch, looking thinner, keep it up. Gald we could keep you on track and drinking water :oops: While we took advantage of the Tiger special, 3 for 2, another expensive night on the town. Although we need to sit closer to the beer garden area, so the lovelies can top off our beers.

Also was hoping to me a couple others that are in town, maybe next time.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » February 5, 2007, 9:31 am

Very pleasent evening out for me and my family. It was good to meet JetDoc and Pop's. LA also good to see you again and meet Gem and Ree. Of course Stan and Su who I met prevously. Was looking forward to meeting others, but maybe another time. For my wife and I, it was our first visit to the night market and she commented on wanting to come out more often, so we might become regulars there. Maybe have a chance to meet up with others, especially now that I'm retired and will be around for a while.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 28, 2007, 9:48 am

:D March 3rd,first Sat.of the month!!Hope to see some new and old faces at the night market around eating stall #20,7 PM 8)

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » February 28, 2007, 3:54 pm

I'm Back !

Seems like the Monthly meetings slipped into a state of 'same old - same old ???

The original concept was that we would meet up once a month and try to make it at a venue of a sponsor from UdonMap. This serves two purposes; it lets them know that advertising is really worthwhile and not a waste of time/money and also lets people sample different places around town in a group of likeminded people so that we can experience ALL that udon has to offer.

I appreciate that the format of late has developed into a meet up at the night market where there is an abundance of cheap beer and something/one to keep the eyes occupied - I am wondering whether there is interest, in a little later adjourning to a place where once again we can patronise the advertisers and see a bit more of Udon - other than the night market.

There are many venues opened (and closed) in the last few months and we should get out there and have a look at some of them ?

Let me have some feedback on whether there is interest in going to a place once a month - be it a restaurant or bar and if so - should we pre-arrange somewhere beforehand or make it up on the night.
The advantage of arranging somewhere beforehand is that people can decide prior to the day if they want to make a night of it in a new place or stay at the nighmarket instead. (The rule of thumb)
The disadvantage of course is that after too much cheap (night market) beer - people might not be in any fit state to move on :)

Its just a suggestion - open for discussion and if people would rather just carry on as now and go to the night market every month - its ok by me. I will certainly be 'testing' the new venues regardless :) - just thought it was a nice bit of support for the advertisers who may otherwise never see any feedback from advertising on the map.

Next meet is on this Saturday and whatever the format - I might say a quick hello at the night market and try to remember what you look like.

See you there

paul

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 1, 2007, 6:46 am

i'll be there, at the night market, as usually, about 7pm, see you there. hopefully the other regulars will be in attendance.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » March 2, 2007, 10:10 am

:D I expect the night market to be very busy Sat. night!2 of the Thais favorite English premiership teams are squaring off against each other at 1940,Man U. vs, Liverpool on the big screen!Plus all that 1rst of the month CASH :lol: GO Man.U. =D> =D> =D>

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » March 2, 2007, 10:45 am

I'll try to make it, if to crowded I'll probably go to Zap to eat;o)

valentine

Post by valentine » March 5, 2007, 1:49 pm

No one going to let us know how the meeting went?

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » March 5, 2007, 5:41 pm

Val, I think a six pack of members were there, and as there were no alcohol sales being conducted in the immediate area, papaguido's (sp) wife offered to make a beer run or two. Shortly thereafter I was in the bag;o) no problem as we had already solved the most acute world problems already.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » March 6, 2007, 1:33 am

what I want to know is : "who was the young guy on the end "
Perhaps Pops would care to explain ?

valentine

Post by valentine » April 9, 2007, 6:43 pm

Well , Saturday the 7th April. There was a meeting at the night market, in attendance. Pops, LA and myself , much later Jimbo arrived. The usual fun filled madhouse that occurs whenever Pops is there. LA was accompanied by his two lovely sweethearts but it didn't stop him enjoying himself. My wife did an early Songkran on him but with a bottle of beer, breaking a glass in the process. It was a pretty heavy drinking session caused by a special Tiger offer of a free pair of shorts if you bought 5 bottles. I was the first to qualify, but at check bin time, Pops and LA still hadn't qualified, only consuming 4 each, so they ordered one to go. Having got their new pants they were about to toddle off when Jimbo arrived, so the ones to go, never went anywhere, nor did we until past midnight. So be warned if you see a delectable looking bum in Tiger pants, don't pinch it, it just might be one of us three likely lads.see some more faces next month, I hope. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » April 9, 2007, 8:26 pm

Did any of you repair to the Climax Night Club to swing your new pants?
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

valentine

Post by valentine » April 9, 2007, 8:58 pm

Prenders88 wrote:Did any of you repair to the Climax Night Club to swing your new pants?
Silence is golden [-X :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 9, 2007, 9:15 pm

yeah how about a photo of new pants.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Return to “Notice Board”