Night Market Get Together

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 5, 2007, 1:28 pm

We'll be there, see you all then...happy Cinco de Mayo...yeehaaa :drunk:

valentine

Post by valentine » May 5, 2007, 4:15 pm

Looks like LA has cancelled the usual night market monthly meet according to his postings on other forum headings.It started as a pre meet but now seems to have replaced it entirely. thought it best to let every one know who was thinking of going to night market,. there won't be anyone there. :lol: :lol:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 5, 2007, 4:52 pm

not exactly cancelled, but since most regulars that show up at night market, will be at nongs for dinner and beverages, and we do have a tendency to get settled in where we start and lately fail to venture further on, so best to point that out, so everyone knows where and what happen before venturing to night market. seems if the weather continues, could dampen the night market anyway.

hope to see you and your lovely there Val. 8)

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 6, 2007, 10:32 pm

what happened to this months meeting write up,?..tell us more about those great ribs !! =P~

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » May 6, 2007, 10:46 pm

I started off at Nong's for a chat, albeit a little late because of locking my keys in the house ](*,) Some had moved on to the night market when I arrived.

It was good to meet those who were there even if it was only a brief meeting.

Oh and thanks to the owner for the free margarita, very tasty!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 6, 2007, 11:13 pm

Fredthefarmer,vicvegas,jetdoc,papaquido,Laphanon,pops,myself and my friend Paul from NK with Lee dropping by as we were leaving.I left out the wives and La's daughter Gem!The ribs were fantastic,60 baht for 1/2 kilo with fries and margaritas for 70 -75 baht(not sure of the price).Ed and Nong did a great job.Ed was making a batch of margaritas for free as we were getting ready to go!We will take him up on ours next visit!Thanks to Vals post that prompted LA to call ahead ,There was plenty of ribs with good service!
It was a great night of discussions about the same topics we debate on the forum,with opposing point of veiws,but no animosity.Super evening ,IMO,and if I didn't have to go back to NK,we would have continued on!

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » May 6, 2007, 11:43 pm

Lee wrote:Oh and thanks to the owner for the free margarita, very tasty!
Lee, I want to know more about this Margarita. She certainly sounds very tasty!! :lol: :lol:

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » May 7, 2007, 5:26 am

ahhhh "Margarita" ,nice girl,Don't Sweat Much For A Fat Lass.Image

Val ,mai pai na!! ??? pai nai Val?????????

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 7, 2007, 5:54 am

arjay wrote:
Lee wrote:Oh and thanks to the owner for the free margarita, very tasty!
Lee, I want to know more about this Margarita. She certainly sounds very tasty!! :lol: :lol:
farang wrote:ahhhh "Margarita" ,nice girl,Don't Sweat Much For A Fat Lass

she sounds a bit of a sour puss to me who's a bit salty round the Rim.Image

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » May 7, 2007, 5:58 am

kem kem mak mak Image

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » May 7, 2007, 5:59 am

mai aroi na....Image
www.udonmap.com

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 7, 2007, 6:03 am

Khup. :lol:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » May 7, 2007, 6:14 am

ImageImageImage
www.udonmap.com

valentine

Post by valentine » May 20, 2007, 5:52 pm

Well if our beautiful tiger girls are banned, guess we could move the meets to the Pizza Hut :lol:

Courtesy of, I kid you not. www.luckystiffasia

valentine

Post by valentine » May 20, 2007, 6:03 pm

Or of course we could switch to Singha.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 30, 2007, 2:59 pm

just so there is no confusion, due to another thread entitled 'monthly meeeting', this is the official, unofficial, usually referred to for info. for the newbies, monthly meeting, are/used to be a democratic process of someone recommending, then a consensus, then a decision. preferences were for sponsors of the forum, then in the beginning, the chosen vendor was visited, then quite a few afterwards were visited, with late night adventures of the single and quest for more.

lately, since most vendors have been visited at least once, and the shrinking dollar/pound exchange and basically a bunch of khee neeo people, ok, maybe just me, but the night market has been designated as a starting poing for the evenings evens, once again, the 1st saturday of the month, as it provides a little of everything most want. usual start time, 7-7:30pm, with many arriving early for a much when appetite dictates. there is a variety of food, inexpensive beer and some rather nice eye candy, if not preoccupied with the big stage video of music or euro football, usually at an acceptable volume to converse. as mentioned, options for out better halves if bored to shop. lately, unless a sponsor is new and consensus to visit, again, as pointed out, once settled in, we usually don't venture to another venue. once in a while, but rare, hence the 7 ish start, as most second venues like to be visited, between 8-9, to have time to experience, and also for those wanting to save a few baht on inexpensive food and beer by starting at market, or simple don't care for second venue, but conform for a little bonding and few beers. and since lee is an ok guy, helps him with his sales pitch and does make the map/magazine and forum possible.

so, before heading out to meeting, good to check this thread for the almost official meeting location. the meetings have all been a well behaved, entertaining to just damn festive as hell sometimes. if not, a good relaxing night out with new friends.
hope to see the usual, and alway welcome new faces.

if planning on drinking quite a bit, there are a few inexpensive to upscale accomodations within walking distance. if someone decides to commit suicide on your car while driving home, the smell of alcohol, if consuming will not help your case if police are involved. know your limits and act accordingly. i know we are all mature adults, but a little reminder never hurts. decide what you point of "honey, here's the keys, and call the hotel before going out, and stick to it. at worst, you get to sample an new hotel and may have a good experience"

be safe and GOD bless.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » June 1, 2007, 8:12 pm

I've been asked to pass this on to all members.

The Downunder Bar, which is now under new management, is offering free food to all forumites tomorrow night (Saturday 2nd). They also have a special on San Miguel

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » June 1, 2007, 8:42 pm

lee wrote:Hope to see you at either place tomorrow night.
C'mon guys, this ain't fair... LA gives us this long oration (written, I know) about how we're going to meet at night market at 7-7:30 and then Lee makes the above post??!! :?

I don't care WHERE but if we're going to meet, let's make it just ONE location - I mean that's kinda of what 'meet' means doesn't it? :razz:

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » June 1, 2007, 10:21 pm

Lee, Sent you a pm

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » June 1, 2007, 10:59 pm

He must have sent it by currier... it's now 11 PM and still hasn't arrived. I'll check again in the AM. :D
Stay atop the grass

Return to “Notice Board”