My "COVID Pneumonia" Recovery

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: My "COVID Pneumonia" Recovery

Post by tamada » September 4, 2022, 9:46 am

noosard wrote:
September 4, 2022, 9:37 am
A person believed to be "patient zero" has become the third person to die in Argentina this week from a mystery illness that has so far affected at least nine people.

Health authorities have stated it is "very similar" to but not Covid-19.

The World Health Organisation has said it is monitoring a "pneumonia of unknown origin" in the nation.
It's those bloody Buenos Aires wet markets. Or that darn bioresearch lab round the corner.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 4, 2022, 10:10 am

Bloody Mandarin speaking armadillos!
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » September 4, 2022, 10:54 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 4, 2022, 9:34 am
And in other news, the FAA doesn't test new commercial passenger planes produced by Boeing, and nor does the EASA for planes produced by Airbus.
So what. Flying isn't mandated.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 4, 2022, 11:25 am

Bob. How much do you know about regulations regarding the testing of new drugs from the USA, Europe etc? Are you aware that new drugs are routinely tested by independent bodies?
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » September 4, 2022, 11:50 am

Whistler wrote:
September 4, 2022, 11:25 am
Bob. How much do you know about regulations regarding the testing of new drugs from the USA, Europe etc? Are you aware that new drugs are routinely tested by independent bodies?
Routinely tested by independant bodies funded by the big pharma company's, not independant at all. I had the privelage of having someone close being a member of parliment and growing up got to see how the system works behind the scenes. It's quite simple, if you feel safe injecting something into your body and have trust in these company's then go for it.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 4, 2022, 12:03 pm

Bob. How much do you know about regulations regarding the testing of new drugs from the USA, Europe etc

You make it sound like Ghengis Khan being in charge of the vestel virgins.

In fact their are very strict guidelines about testing both in the lab and in human trials. Those trials must be documented and pass scrutiny by the FDA in the USA and TGA in Australia. If the pharmaceutical company does not meet the guidelines the drug is not approved.

How many drugs in the past 50 years have proven to be dangerous, very few. Typically if there is an issue it will be where a small number of the population have a particular condition and guidelines are changed.

Billions of COVID vaccine injections have been administered to date with very few adverse side effects. This demonstrates how effective the testing regimes have been.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 4, 2022, 3:41 pm

fatbob wrote:
September 4, 2022, 11:50 am
Routinely tested by independant bodies funded by the big pharma company's, not independant at all. I had the privelage of having someone close being a member of parliment and growing up got to see how the system works behind the scenes. It's quite simple, if you feel safe injecting something into your body and have trust in these company's then go for it.
We're talking about regulations, right? See my link below - can you demonstrate how 'Big Pharma' fund the UK Medicines Regulator?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-m ... 19-vaccine
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 4, 2022, 3:45 pm

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 4, 2022, 4:03 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 4, 2022, 3:45 pm
Don't worry, I found it.

https://www.medscape.co.uk/viewarticle/ ... 22a1001obx
Good lord, Demasi has been exposed more than once for shoddy research and biased journalism, as a result the ABC cancelled her program Catalyst nearly a decade ago.

Many, many government bodies are funded with a fee for service model. In the case of the pharmaceutical industry these are compulsory fees, they cannot shop around for an alternative, so can not commercially influence the TGA by threatening to withhold fees.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 4, 2022, 4:11 pm

Did they rush the covid vaccines ? yes
Was the covid vaccines effective ? yes
Are any vaccines 100% safe ? no
Did the covid vaccines rush safe lives ? yes
Just simple questions with simple answers
Proof of this is that countries that lockdown and waited for vaccines have a much lower death rate

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 4, 2022, 4:13 pm

noosard wrote:
September 4, 2022, 4:11 pm
Proof of this is that countries that lockdown and waited for vaccines have a much lower death rate
100% agree

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 4, 2022, 4:15 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 4, 2022, 4:03 pm
Good lord, Demasi has been exposed more than once for shoddy research and biased journalism, as a result the ABC cancelled her program Catalyst nearly a decade ago.

Many, many government bodies are funded with a fee for service model. In the case of the pharmaceutical industry these are compulsory fees, they cannot shop around for an alternative, so can not commercially influence the TGA by threatening to withhold fees.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryanne_Demasi

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 4, 2022, 4:16 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 4, 2022, 4:13 pm
noosard wrote:
100% agree
Seconded.

But I want to drill down into the anti-vaxx arguments from the swivel-eyed loons too. It's no good making unfounded statements about the danger of vaccinations without coming up with robust evidence. It's no good saying 'my mate's an MP and I grew up learning the process'. Well, so what?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 4, 2022, 4:42 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 4, 2022, 4:16 pm
Whistler wrote:
noosard wrote:
100% agree
Seconded.

But I want to drill down into the anti-vaxx arguments from the swivel-eyed loons too. It's no good making unfounded statements about the danger of vaccinations without coming up with robust evidence. It's no good saying 'my mate's an MP and I grew up learning the process'. Well, so what?
Good point Earnie. I am no stranger to the pharmaceutical industry having implemented systems in pharmaceutical manufacturing in the past. However, my views on the efficacy of vaccines are drawn by observation, anti vaxers seem to rely on fringe opinions right through to downright ridiculous theories such as drugs altering DNA or vaccinations causing autism. Show us the proof please.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2022, 5:24 pm

Earnest wrote:
Whistler wrote:
noosard wrote:
100% agree
Seconded.

You mean drill down to see what's behind the rabbit holes?

It's not rabbits.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 5, 2022, 9:23 am

In view of the last post, I would like to add there has ALWAYS been a negative reaction to a vaccine ( any vaccine ) by some people for a myriad of reasons too many to even begin to list.

It is not uncommon and certainly always expected by the Medical profession , hence the questioning beforehand or answering written questions as we did here before getting a Covid Vaccination. The Medical profession tries to mitigate any negative reaction .

Sadly some people lie, some do not understand and some just do not care. As Biological entities none of us are the same genetically hence reactions differ . Some ( dare I say many ) no reaction at all apart from at the injection site . To the body shutting down almost immediately.

As an example, I undertook a dental rebuild in the Military and following on from that the MO was directed to give me a penicillin injection. Never had one before I happily dropped trousers awaiting the injection in my posterior, i felt it entering my body, the next thing I knew I was flat on my back in an Ambulance being taken at full speed to a hospital as it transpired I was deadly allergic to penicillin and within 4 seconds of the drug hitting my body it reacted knocking me out and causing for the staff all sorts of problems. Three days later after a lot of tests, I was told I would live ( nice of them ) .
So it goes to show that even the most basic antibiotic can be dangerous to us mere humans . There were no indicators/signs or even medical history to show my body would reject penicillin so violently. Any hospital I attend I inform them I am allergic to penicillin as a precaution, luckily there are enough different antibiotics out there apart from penicillin these days .

Considering my reaction, after Fleming discovered it I wonder how many people died because of the reaction, we will never know , BUT it has not dented my strongly held belief that vaccines or even injections are bad for you , they can in 99-9% of the time serve to protect you from the worst nature can throw at us.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » September 5, 2022, 10:42 am

Earnest wrote:
Whistler wrote:
noosard wrote:
100% agree
Seconded.

I'm with you Butchie. My mind is open to proof from any quarter of a narrative different to the one being fed by Government.

I've had many "debates" with the anti-vaxx/anti Covid brigade but, never get anywhere as they just get more and more rabid without actually saying anything of substance other than pointing to articles by marginalised experts. They end up, figuratively tapping their nose and suggesting that I'm a little naive and dense. I'm neither.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 5, 2022, 10:50 am

My favourite response from anti vaxers and other conspiracy nutters is 'do your own research'. I have resisted the urge to throttle them so far.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 5, 2022, 11:23 am

samster wrote:
September 5, 2022, 10:42 am
Earnest wrote:
Whistler wrote:
noosard wrote:
100% agree
Seconded.

I'm with you Butchie. My mind is open to proof from any quarter of a narrative different to the one being fed by Government.

I've had many "debates" with the anti-vaxx/anti Covid brigade but, never get anywhere as they just get more and more rabid without actually saying anything of substance other than pointing to articles by marginalised experts. They end up, figuratively tapping their nose and suggesting that I'm a little naive and dense. I'm neither.
Dont mind someone calling me a little naive or dense much better that being plain stoopid
First 2 are fixable second one not so much

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » September 5, 2022, 3:21 pm

Return to “Open Forum”