Women's World Cup

General sports news and discussions.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Women's World Cup

Post by tamada » July 28, 2023, 7:02 pm

If the women are happy, I'm happy. With regard to those among us with significant others YOU DEPEND ON, who choose to devalue their right to play "a man's game" and have fun, you don't have a leg to stand on.

(and I have Mrs Tam's permission to say so)

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » July 29, 2023, 3:34 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 28, 2023, 2:39 pm
In general womens football is gash and shouldnt really be taken seriously ... a womans place is in the home , cooking quiche baking sponge sconz n cakes , cleaning washing and ironing not pretending to be good at a game that is in reality a male sport ... the current WWC is even dafter allowing these twisted trans gender benders with meat n two veg to participate along side the standard split arse hair flickers.
Recently a male team played a female side and won 22 -0 without breaking a sweat .. i rest my case mlord.

DM
I concur with the eloquent argument put forward by khun Drunky Monkey 🐒

Would rather watch Udon FC v Buriram United game than the final of the Women's World Cup.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 29, 2023, 4:20 pm

deankham wrote:
July 29, 2023, 3:34 pm
Would rather watch Udon FC v Buriram United game .......................
Excuse the diversion, but I can't resist. I have (watched UDFC v Buriram) in two-legged cup meetings, both matches suffered from torrential rain and the second here in Udon was more like water polo. Another possible match may be some time, if ever, as UDFC will not have a team in the coming season, mainly explained by financial problems, debts, lack of investment now and last season's relegation, with a generally pathetic showing on and off the pitch.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 29, 2023, 5:41 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
July 29, 2023, 4:20 pm
deankham wrote:
Would rather watch Udon FC v Buriram United game .......................
Excuse the diversion, but I can't resist. I have (watched UDFC v Buriram) in two-legged cup meetings, both matches suffered from torrential rain and the second here in Udon was more like water polo. Another possible match may be some time, if ever, as UDFC will not have a team in the coming season, mainly explained by financial problems, debts, lack of investment now and last season's relegation, with a generally pathetic showing on and off the pitch.
Is Buriram still run by Ne Win?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 29, 2023, 5:50 pm

deankham wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
In general womens football is gash and shouldnt really be taken seriously ... a womans place is in the home , cooking quiche baking sponge sconz n cakes , cleaning washing and ironing not pretending to be good at a game that is in reality a male sport ... the current WWC is even dafter allowing these twisted trans gender benders with meat n two veg to participate along side the standard split arse hair flickers.
Recently a male team played a female side and won 22 -0 without breaking a sweat .. i rest my case mlord.

DM

Would rather watch Udon FC v Buriram United game than the final of the Women's World Cup.
But nobody's forcing you or anyone else to watch anything they don't want to watch are they?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 29, 2023, 6:04 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 29, 2023, 5:41 pm
Newin. Yes.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » July 29, 2023, 7:14 pm

tamada wrote:
July 29, 2023, 5:50 pm
deankham wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

But nobody's forcing you or anyone else to watch anything they don't want to watch are they?
What are you whining on about?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 29, 2023, 8:36 pm

deankham wrote:
July 29, 2023, 7:14 pm
tamada wrote:
July 29, 2023, 5:50 pm
deankham wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

What are you whining on about?
Dripping with irony post of the day award goes to...
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 30, 2023, 9:55 am

Brian Davis wrote:
July 29, 2023, 6:04 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Newin. Yes.
Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I get Newin mixed up with the former long-timer serving dictator/strongman of Burma, Ne Win.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2023, 10:38 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 30, 2023, 9:55 am
Brian Davis wrote:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Newin. Yes.
Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I get Newin mixed up with the former long-timer serving dictator/strongman of Burma, Ne Win.
I find it's easy to differentiate if you remember that Newin didn't enforce an overnight change on what side of the road the nation drives on based on one of his wife's dreams or advice from her astrologer.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 30, 2023, 11:03 am

tamada wrote:
July 30, 2023, 10:38 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 30, 2023, 9:55 am
Brian Davis wrote:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Newin. Yes.
I find it's easy to differentiate if you remember that Newin didn't enforce an overnight change on what side of the road the nation drives on based on one of his wife's dreams or advice from her astrologer.
Furthermore, Newin did not devalue the nation's currency twice.
Ne Win also took drastic steps regarding the currency. In 1985, he issued a decree that 50 and 100 kyat notes would cease to be legal tender, alleging that they were subject to hoarding by black-marketeers and were also used to finance the various insurgencies. Though limited compensation was offered, this wiped out people's savings overnight. At least one insurgency, that of the ethnic Kayan, was triggered by this act.[47]

In 1987, reportedly on the recommendation of an astrologer that the number nine was auspicious, Ne Win ordered the withdrawal of several large-denomination kyat notes while issuing new denominations of 45 and 90 kyats. Both 45 and 90 are divisible by nine, and their numerals add up to nine. Again, millions of Burmese lost their life savings, and the demonetization also rendered about 75% of the entire kyat reserves completely useless.[48] This crippled the Burmese economy further still.[49] Ne Win was well known for his penchant for yadaya (traditional Burmese rituals performed in order to ward off misfortune).[50] When his soothsayer warned him that there might be a bloodbath, he would stand in front of a mirror and trample on meat to simulate the blood, then shoot his reflection to avert the possibility of an assassination attempt
- wiki

In other news Sweden has made it to the Sweet Sixteen knockout stage of the World Cup.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2023, 11:20 am

The Swedes obliterated Italy while France beat Brazil in a tighter game. The Englanders should scrape thru if they beat China on Tuesday but injuries are taking a toll on an already weakened team.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 31, 2023, 10:20 am

tamada wrote:
July 30, 2023, 11:20 am
The Swedes obliterated Italy while France beat Brazil in a tighter game. The Englanders should scrape thru if they beat China on Tuesday but injuries are taking a toll on an already weakened team.
Norway made it to the final sixteen after a decisive victory over the Philippines, but co-hosts New Zealand are out.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 31, 2023, 5:47 pm

Canada is up against it nearing the end of the first half down 2-0 to Australia in their soccer match.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 31, 2023, 7:31 pm

Well it seems the Sheilas have put the Olympic gold medalling Canucks to the sword 4-0, and have jumped to the top of their group ladder.

And thereby demonstrating yet again that jackspratt knows SFA about soccer. Although in my defence, Sam Kerr was on the Matildas' bench, and therefore technically part of the game. She should be fit enough to start in the next round of 16 against whoever.

Not sure what it means for the team of theys. :D

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 1, 2023, 6:14 am

The superior country...um...I mean team won rather convincingly. So long to they...thems Canucks.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 1, 2023, 5:23 pm

Some parting thoughts from them/they/us about Canada's ouster from Soccer's World Cup.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/worldc ... -1.6922774

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 1, 2023, 7:35 pm

Think the U.S. womens team might have a hard time making it very far, they barely advanced with a 0 to 0 tie against Portugal

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 1, 2023, 8:14 pm

Stantheman wrote:
August 1, 2023, 7:35 pm
Think the U.S. womens team might have a hard time making it very far, they barely advanced with a 0 to 0 tie against Portugal
They were Nearly on the Plane back home Stan, Portugal Hit the Post in the dying minutes of Added Time, If That would've gone in it was Bye Bye to the American Girlies !!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 2, 2023, 9:40 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 1, 2023, 5:23 pm
Some parting thoughts from them/they/us about Canada's ouster from Soccer's World Cup.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/worldc ... -1.6922774
A shame after their triumphant success at the 2022 virtual Olympic Soccer contest.
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

Return to “World Sports”