Friday Breakfast

General Udon Thani topics only!
milkman
udonmap.com

Friday Breakfast

Post by milkman » January 12, 2024, 11:30 am

Looking for an addition to our Friday morning breakfast get-together near Nong Sim park, if interested , contact me at alangarner6z@gmail.com

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Friday Breakfast

Post by semperfiguy » January 12, 2024, 1:08 pm

More information please! How many in the group already? What nationalities? Do the wives/girlfriends attend also, but sit at a table to talk among themselves? What restaurant do you frequent? What time do you meet on Fridays?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 12, 2024, 1:17 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
January 12, 2024, 1:08 pm
More information please! How many in the group already? What nationalities? Do the wives/girlfriends attend also, but sit at a table to talk among themselves? What restaurant do you frequent? What time do you meet on Fridays?
Ditto.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 12, 2024, 4:22 pm

What's so hard about emailing Alan, as requested?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 12, 2024, 4:50 pm

Only time I attended everybody and sundry ripped in after Alan described my attendance and profession Perhaps, if somebody's attends as a result of this request, posters can try to be civil to the attendees instead of posting cheap shots.
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

milkman
udonmap.com

Post by milkman » January 12, 2024, 5:10 pm

Whistler, I have no idea who you are or what you are talking about. But I wish you well.
Alan

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 12, 2024, 6:21 pm

milkman wrote:
January 12, 2024, 5:10 pm
Whistler, I have no idea who you are or what you are talking about. But I wish you well.
Alan
Haha. Sounds like you are humouring me.

I was described as a computer consultant...remember? That had the trolls on here going overboard on that professional description. I had a huge amount of problems finding your place on the day and we spoke extensively about Alan Pease. That jogs the memory?
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » January 12, 2024, 10:06 pm

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

milkman
udonmap.com

Post by milkman » January 13, 2024, 7:57 pm

I see that my reply never got posted. There are two of us presently. Used to be three, which I consider a fine number, but the third just got in a serious motorbike accident. We have breakfast on the patio of my home starting around 10 on Fridays. My cook usually makes us eggs, with ice crème for dessert. but if you want something else, let me know and I’ll try and accommodate you. You’re welcome to bring your wife or girlfriend. I’m sure my wife will be happy to talk with her.

Conversation can be about current events, stocks, real estate (I want to learn more and buy some), immigration, girls- really anything. I’m a former college speech teacher and author.

My most popular book, “Conversationally Speaking,” was just named by Goodreads the best conversation skills book (out of 41 books). I also wrote “Everything Men Know about Women,” the world’s most popular blank book. If you want to learn all about me, read my book, “How I Moved to Thailand: Retired Early, Built a Mansion, Fell in Love, and Live Like a individual on a Dime.” (“Live Like a individual on a Pension” in the U.K., where they don’t t know what a dime is.) My pen name for this book is Scott Curtis.

Muni, the other diner, was a mechanic for the Blue Angeles when he was young. He was an account and a weekend comedian most of his life. Gets big money selling fishing nets now and then. He’s a great guy- and funny!

You can come once and never again if you can’t relate. So don’t let that get in your way. If you’re interested in giving us a try, write me at alangarner6z@gmail.com. I’ll send you my wife’s number to call for directions.

We’d love to meet you!

Alan

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 13, 2024, 9:27 pm

Sounds a bit upmarket from the Flat Earth Society at Deans. Some Aussies going to check out if the digeridoo is still in tune.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 13, 2024, 9:41 pm

AlexO wrote:
January 13, 2024, 9:27 pm
Sounds a bit upmarket from the Flat Earth Society at Deans. Some Aussies going to check out if the digeridoo is still in tune.
Average IQ at the FES dragged down by a few members having a score significantly below their age. But that is why laboratories use rodents for tests where the subjects are of little to no value.

Nice to see some of the members now being more temperate in their comments.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 13, 2024, 9:48 pm

milkman wrote:
January 13, 2024, 7:57 pm
I see that my reply never got posted. There are two of us presently. Used to be three, which I consider a fine number, but the third just got in a serious motorbike accident. We have breakfast on the patio of my home starting around 10 on Fridays. My cook usually makes us eggs, with ice crème for dessert. but if you want something else, let me know and I’ll try and accommodate you. You’re welcome to bring your wife or girlfriend. I’m sure my wife will be happy to talk with her.

Conversation can be about current events, stocks, real estate (I want to learn more and buy some), immigration, girls- really anything. I’m a former college speech teacher and author.

My most popular book, “Conversationally Speaking,” was just named by Goodreads the best conversation skills book (out of 41 books). I also wrote “Everything Men Know about Women,” the world’s most popular blank book. If you want to learn all about me, read my book, “How I Moved to Thailand: Retired Early, Built a Mansion, Fell in Love, and Live Like a individual on a Dime.” (“Live Like a individual on a Pension” in the U.K., where they don’t t know what a dime is.) My pen name for this book is Scott Curtis.

Muni, the other diner, was a mechanic for the Blue Angeles when he was young. He was an account and a weekend comedian most of his life. Gets big money selling fishing nets now and then. He’s a great guy- and funny!

You can come once and never again if you can’t relate. So don’t let that get in your way. If you’re interested in giving us a try, write me at alangarner6z@gmail.com. I’ll send you my wife’s number to call for directions.

We’d love to meet you!

Alan
Nice to hear from you Alan. I hope Merrill is on the mend. Things have changed in the past 12 months. I have now joined a software company in Newcastle in Oz and have now scheduled management meetings for Friday mornings, so Friday's are a tad busy. Best wishes for your small interesting group, I hope some good guys join you.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 13, 2024, 9:54 pm

Whistler wrote:
January 13, 2024, 9:41 pm
AlexO wrote:
January 13, 2024, 9:27 pm
Average IQ at the FES dragged down by a few members having a score significantly below their age. But that is why laboratories use rodents for tests where the subjects are of little to no value.

Nice to see some of the members now being more temperate in their comments.
A wee bit harsh there Whistler. A couple of ice cubes in the scanties works wonders. I know what you mean.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 13, 2024, 10:02 pm

Alex,

Sometimes harsh is simply the attitude of not putting up with posts from idiots, but not inaccurate, simply a zero tolerance towards trolls I am totally fed up with forum trolls that need to be exposed for what they are. The up side, the mods are now quite intolerant in allowing such behaviour, and deleting troll like posts.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 13, 2024, 10:37 pm

Just dont react to all the posts. There are members on here that I seriously dislike for their political/racial views, but so what. Just remember you and I can be a wee bit nippy at times as well. Democracy at its best. Just please vote for a change of Governance in the Leader of the Free Nations. Just someone who still has control of his bladder.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 13, 2024, 11:18 pm

Thanks Alex, but for the moment I am ok giving a serve to deserving souls.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 14, 2024, 9:54 am

419389424_902808308089781_1433912334400038460_n.jpg

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 14, 2024, 11:08 am

Very apt Noosard, and sadly very close to reality.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 14, 2024, 1:27 pm

Whistler wrote:
January 13, 2024, 11:18 pm
Thanks Alex, but for the moment I am ok giving a serve to deserving souls.
Raw prawns excepted, right?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 14, 2024, 1:52 pm

Speak of the devil.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”