Nong's Ribs - New Restaurant [CLOSED]

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 24, 2007, 9:53 pm

With Some of these....

and some of these...

you gotta a great combo eddie, my mouths watering.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » August 25, 2007, 1:25 am

Eddie:
Make sure that what you post on here is what you actually get and you will not go far wrong.
So far so good :)

efxg57

Post by efxg57 » August 25, 2007, 2:46 pm

hey Paul, you know us, what you see is what you get, only the best !!!!!!!!!!!! but thanks for reminding me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! well boyz, those of you who did not come down last night for the Margaritas missed a good time, to those who did, sorry, can't remember names that well , but yes, I will remember the salt next time !!!!!!!!!!! still waiting for one of you to come down and try the BIGARITA, be advised, it will take a few of you, or one EXTREMELY THIRSTY GENT !!!!!!

great to be back
see you all soon
eddie

efxg57

Post by efxg57 » August 28, 2007, 1:59 pm

hey boyz, news from Nong !!!! New items on menu, firstly hows about an American Style Breakfast, 2 eggs, bacon, ham & toast 75 B. 4 or 5 new Thai dishes too. BBQ Chicken & Marinaded Sirloin now on full menu. Tomorrow special board will feature SEAFOOD FRA DIABLO, oh yeah baby, you gonna like this :lol: :lol: .

see you all soon
eddie

efxg57

Post by efxg57 » August 31, 2007, 4:58 pm

news from Nong's....... Steaks are selling out everyday, beautiful 10-11 oz (300grams) call ahead to see if we have in stock, will hold them if you want. on a personal note, to Marty & Tim (Tom) No, I DO NOT have an Italian chef in the kitchen, and YES I cooked the Seafood Fra Diablo :shock: :shock: , glad you enjoyed :D :lol: :razz:

see you all soon
eddie

Gozzo
udonmap.com

Post by Gozzo » August 31, 2007, 6:50 pm

Eddie, cannot wait to sample the entire menu..... All this talk about the ribs.....
I think many visits to Nong's is on the agenda. Will make my presence known in November... See you then. =P~
Such is life.

teddysmix
udonmap.com

Post by teddysmix » August 31, 2007, 7:03 pm

News,news,news from nongs. Never seen a restaurant talked up so much. I guess its doing the trick, cause its got me interested. When im next in udon me and the wife will be in to see if your steaks/ribs are asa good as u say ,,,,,,, another see you in november :D

stickyfingers
udonmap.com

Post by stickyfingers » August 31, 2007, 9:29 pm

gozzo & teddysmix, i have rarely seen Eddy address any direct comment either good nor bad about his restaurant, well there was one time, but that is a different story. I must take FULL CREDIT for the News from Nongs segment. When I was there awhile ago and posted my thoughts and comments, I suggested to Eddy why not make that a weekly thing," News from Nongs". Really just kidding, Eddy is smart enough (even though he is a damn Yankee) to promote his restaurant with style & class, never going over board nor misleading anyone. read the posts, I do not think that many people would build up something should it not be there. I am one convert to Nongs Ribs and the Steaks don't suck either :lol: . IMHO, you will not , nor never will be disappointed there !!!!!!!!!!!!!

john s

teddysmix
udonmap.com

Post by teddysmix » August 31, 2007, 10:18 pm

John s ,thats cool mate. If all, is as good as the reports i have seen, i will become another convert. I look forward to my first visit in november.

teddy :D

stickyfingers
udonmap.com

Post by stickyfingers » September 1, 2007, 9:30 pm

hey Ralph, I would rather be called "MARKETING DIRECTOR", but I just call it as I see it. Believe me, if it were bad, you would have heard that also. You know, you have been there. And yes Eddy, it is going to cost you :lol: :lol:

john s

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » September 4, 2007, 7:54 pm

I just want to ad I went to Nong place on Monday and returned again on tues reason the food was good and I am not a easy person to please
I had fried calamari with marina sauce and bowl of pasta with the ribs very good
I will try some more of his food in a few days
I am also a real Yank from New York (Brooklyn)
and old one at that LOL
his place is worth a visit trust me

efxg57

Post by efxg57 » September 5, 2007, 8:47 pm

okay boyz, some news from Nongs............ we are planning a Thanksgiving Day Dinner, meal to include Rotissere BBQ Turkey :lol: (did it last year, very tasty indeed) ,stuffing, Cranberries, Gravy, Mashed Potatos, Green Bean Caserole. more to follow...........

see you all soon
eddie

efxg57

Post by efxg57 » September 8, 2007, 5:53 pm

okay boyz, have waited patiently for some of you to show up, not to name names ( poppaguido, bkkstan, polehawk, vicvegas, etc...) oh well, i'm from NYC, i named ya :lol: . things are going well, but would like to see some more familiar faces ( and those who can stand my , well, lets say, "PERSONALITY" don't come in soon, it will be WARM BEER & COLD FOOD for the lot of you :lol:

see you all soon
eddie

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 11, 2007, 8:41 am

efxg57 wrote:hey boyz, news from Nong !!!! New items on menu, firstly hows about an American Style Breakfast, 2 eggs, bacon, ham & toast 75 B. 4 or 5 new Thai dishes too. BBQ Chicken & Marinaded Sirloin now on full menu. Tomorrow special board will feature SEAFOOD FRA DIABLO, oh yeah baby, you gonna like this :lol: :lol: .

see you all soon
eddie
I tried the Seafood Fra Diablo the other day and give it a 2 thumbs up. The Marinara sauce was delish, just a bit spicy (hot) but not overwhelming. Great meal for my Italian food craving and at a good value for 90 bt.

Thanks Eddie & Nong :D

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » September 11, 2007, 4:40 pm

Ok, I'd read all the reports about Nongs Ribs so I thought I'd try it out on this trip,
went and asked for a steak, Eddie informed me - in his brash US way - that he had a problem with his butcher so no steak , I settled for a Thai dish that was OK, and the TGF had her usual veggie meal, Eddie insisted I try the ribs as a "side dish" for me an my mate to nibble on, even though I warned him I was not a rib fan and did not like sauce dribbled over my meat spoiling the taste. A couple of days later I read that the steaks were now available, so a revisit was made. Had
eo jive him a second chance, had the steak and found the marinade taste - err - intersing, don't know what it was, but it was interesting, TGF had her veggie again, no one can get a veggie wrong can they ? Well yes she said they can - but it wasn't Nong, she loved it, and I hate to say that Eddie converted me to liking ribs, WITH sauce, and the steak was the best meal I had eaten in UT. Probably the best meat dish I have had in Thailand. Pity he's a bloody Yank, but not everything can be perfect ! :lol:
Thanks for the meals Eddie/Nong, will be visiting again when I return in December.

stickyfingers
udonmap.com

Post by stickyfingers » September 12, 2007, 3:42 pm

Eddy & Nong, more converts !!!!!! Glad to see you are doing well. Be back in Nov., save a few steaks for me and a few kilos of ribs for Jim

see you soon
john s

efxg57

Post by efxg57 » September 13, 2007, 12:34 pm

notice, we will be closed Monday the 17th and Tuesday the 18th. That is this coming Mon. & Tues. :lol:

now, the news from Nong's....... starting Wednesday the 19th, we will be adding an Italian selection to our menu!!!!!! Seafood Fra Diablo 90 B, Chicken Cacciatore 90B,
Chicken Parmesean 85 B, Shrimp Scampi 80 B, Mussels Marinara 75 B, and Marinara Sauce 40 B all served over spagehtti or macaroni and served with 2 slices of Italian Bread. Also, Garlic bread will be offered, 4 slices just 20 B :shock: :shock: . Oh yeah baby, thesev you are gonna LOVE !!!!!!!

see you all soon
eddie

efxg57

Post by efxg57 » September 20, 2007, 1:32 pm

hey boyz, news from Nongs...... curried crab is BACK !!!!!!! Italian menu up and running ( and doing very nicely, thank you !!!!) Paul, Nong has more of those things if you need !!!!!! Polehawk and VicVegas, you guyz are still missing in action. Vic, tell me its not true, you moved to the freakin boon-docks :shock: :shock: ???

see you all soon
eddie

LeeJ
Location: Udon & West Virginia -US, mainly, some UK when have to go home :-(

Post by LeeJ » September 20, 2007, 10:15 pm

Just wanted to add my own recommendation to Nong's. I'm a Brit, but grew up in New Orlean's USA when young and I've gotta say the ribs are to die for! My TW had the steak and said it's the best she's had in town and want's to go back for the ribs after tasting mine! Nong's may not be the easiest to find if you're new in town like us, but it's well worth the effort.

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » September 21, 2007, 1:50 am

"agonizing"
"disconcerting"
"ambarrassing"
What please,is the right word for "peinlich"????
That's German language.
I have to make a translation about Udon Restaurantns,
serving Ribs,steaks,specials.
Somebody can help me???

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”