Recriminalising pot

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Recriminalising pot

Post by Whistler » May 27, 2024, 12:28 pm

I realise there are some enthusiasts for using pot on the forum, buutt it now seems pretty certain that unfettered sale of it in various form is at an end soon. A lot, if not all pot-shots will have to close, no doubt prices will rise for irregular sources.

Not a user myself, but interested what others think

Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Recriminalising pot

Post by glalt » May 27, 2024, 12:42 pm

I have a friend who is a cancer survivor. He told me that ganja was the only relief he got from the chemo. I have nothing against people who are users but I am not a user myself. I worry about the kids. They are goofy enough without being high. Since it does stink, I am against it being used in public. Closing all the shops would be difficult but I agree with prosecuting those who use it in public. Walking down the street with an open beer is bad enough. What you do at home is up to you.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 27, 2024, 1:23 pm

popular use of Maryjane was not common when I was at High School, but those a couple of years behind me took it up. My thoughts are driven by personal experience, my eldest son having severe Cannabis psychoses. Schizophrenia was highly prevalent in his mother's family, my son had that affliction, a nasty problem when mixed with pot, especially as a young teen. He finished up with a spell in a padded cell, but fortunately as he got older he stopped all drug use, but his body was battered and is now in his last few weeks at age 49.

The Thai medical fraternity said their was a huge increase in mental problems after pot was legalised, so I am guessing my experience as a father was repeated many times over. I am guessing using pot is one of those things that is OK for some, but far from OK with others.
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 27, 2024, 6:09 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 27, 2024, 1:23 pm
popular use of Maryjane was not common when I was at High School, but those a couple of years behind me took it up. My thoughts are driven by personal experience, my eldest son having severe Cannabis psychoses. Schizophrenia was highly prevalent in his mother's family, my son had that affliction, a nasty problem when mixed with pot, especially as a young teen. He finished up with a spell in a padded cell, but fortunately as he got older he stopped all drug use, but his body was battered and is now in his last few weeks at age 49.

The Thai medical fraternity said their was a huge increase in mental problems after pot was legalised, so I am guessing my experience as a father was repeated many times over. I am guessing using pot is one of those things that is OK for some, but far from OK with others.
The Aseannow forum still links to local and English language Thai media stories of otherwise normal foreigners going berserk and doing crazy stuff. A lot if it is linked to marijuana and people who've never tried it before 'losing the plot.' Not as bad as the homicidal tendencies that yaba induces, but still a bloody social nightmare.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 28, 2024, 2:33 pm

In my 20's and 30's my alter ego was a big user of marijuana. I always thought of it as a gateway drug since I was later hooked on other more serious drugs. Most likely the step up, or down, to other drugs had more to do with my predisposition to sin and excess, so I can't say for certainty if the Maryjane is truly a gateway drug.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2024, 3:09 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 28, 2024, 2:33 pm
In my 20's and 30's my alter ego was a big user of marijuana. I always thought of it as a gateway drug since I was later hooked on other more serious drugs. Most likely the step up, or down, to other drugs had more to do with my predisposition to sin and excess, so I can't say for certainty if the Maryjane is truly a gateway drug.
100% correct ..kids start on casual ganja use mainly due to wanting to fit in with the crowd .. sadly many later progress to yabba and Yar ice which has devastating consequences all all around them.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » May 29, 2024, 1:13 pm

You guys sound like Nixon & Reagan. Just say no. Nixon's war on drugs was a disaster. And don't forget all of the propaganda films like 'Reefer Madness '.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 29, 2024, 2:03 pm

On the other hand, welcome to Philly.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

AmericanExpatUT

Post by AmericanExpatUT » June 19, 2024, 3:09 am

I'm fine woth what people do in the privacy of their own homes. If the Thai Dr's will allow me to grow it for my own medical uses I'm happy doing that. Being in Bangkok and smelling it on the streets was kind of strange as someone growing up during Pot Prohibition in America. As long as I can get a couple plants I'll be content with whatever laws they implement.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”