Future energy sources?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Re: Future energy sources?

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 4, 2024, 3:54 pm

Udon Map wrote:
October 4, 2024, 2:36 pm
Yes, you have. You seem to have a penchant for stating your opinion as fact and then declining to provide any evidence to support your position when it is questioned.
I provided a chart that is sourced. The chart shows that "green" energy cannot replace the amount of energy that is needed to power the world economies. It's a very uncomplicated and simple chart.

I responded to your initial questions. I have nothing more to add.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 4, 2024, 4:35 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
October 4, 2024, 3:54 pm
I responded to your initial questions. I have nothing more to add.
If I thought that it would make a difference, I'd reproduce here a list of the questions to which you haven't responded. But I know better than to waste my time on an effort that will produce no results.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 4, 2024, 4:46 pm

Udon Map wrote:
October 4, 2024, 4:35 pm
But I know better than to waste my time on an effort that will produce no results.
You've found me out.

That's exactly why I don't respond to many of the questions posed to me by the Leftists on here. My answer and/or sources are not accepted anyway. I post information and move along.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 4, 2024, 4:51 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
October 4, 2024, 4:46 pm
I post information and move along.
No, by your own admission, you post opinion.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 4, 2024, 5:07 pm

I rest my case.

Live Your Best Life.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 4, 2024, 7:22 pm

tamada wrote:
October 4, 2024, 8:10 am
AlexO wrote:
October 3, 2024, 6:14 pm
I didn't say Covid or Brexit were a primary cause, I suggested that they didn't help anybody except possibly those that think they've gotten their borders back. But I digress...

So why even post it, unless your trying to score some little political point.
Your hero's, the NEW Liebour have just announced new policies under the departmental leadership of the marvelous Ed Miliband MP. (the pet Jewish person in the Servants of the People cabinet) Apart from his 11 billion giveaway contribution to the fabled 22B black hole, he is intent on beggaring the UK in his quest for carbon neutral by 2030. Why do idiot politico's state unachievable targets in an attempt to placate the slightly less intelligent side of their voter base.
What has the faith of the shadow Secretary of State for Energy Security and Net Zero of the United Kingdom got to do with anything, "unless your trying to score some little political point"?
Just pointing out that the self proclaimed Servant of the People has included his single pet Jewish person in a pathetic attempt to prove that his previous anti-semitic views held when he followed Corbyn are now over.
Just what Miliband knows about energy production could probably be written on a postage stamp yet he claims 2030 will be a momentous achievement in UK leading the world. In 6 years? Aye right.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 6, 2024, 11:38 am

Sweden as an example
HOW SWEDEN TURNS ITS WASTE INTO GOLD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p71xuG_dP7M

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 7, 2024, 10:24 am

AlexO wrote:
October 4, 2024, 7:22 pm
tamada wrote:
October 4, 2024, 8:10 am
AlexO wrote:
October 3, 2024, 6:14 pm
I didn't say Covid or Brexit were a primary cause, I suggested that they didn't help anybody except possibly those that think they've gotten their borders back. But I digress...

So why even post it, unless your trying to score some little political point.
Your hero's, the NEW Liebour have just announced new policies under the departmental leadership of the marvelous Ed Miliband MP. (the pet Jewish person in the Servants of the People cabinet) Apart from his 11 billion giveaway contribution to the fabled 22B black hole, he is intent on beggaring the UK in his quest for carbon neutral by 2030. Why do idiot politico's state unachievable targets in an attempt to placate the slightly less intelligent side of their voter base.
What has the faith of the shadow Secretary of State for Energy Security and Net Zero of the United Kingdom got to do with anything, "unless your trying to score some little political point"?
Just pointing out that the self proclaimed Servant of the People has included his single pet Jewish person in a pathetic attempt to prove that his previous anti-semitic views held when he followed Corbyn are now over.
Just what Miliband knows about energy production could probably be written on a postage stamp yet he claims 2030 will be a momentous achievement in UK leading the world. In 6 years? Aye right.
Since religion and race appears to be of collosal importance to you, the shadow minister is a Christian. A Goan Christian to be more precise.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 7, 2024, 10:35 am

Back on topic, the largely unproven technology of carbon capture and sequestration gets a government hand out in the UK.

https://www.eni.com/en-IT/media/press-r ... sport.html

Meanwhile, down in Australia's deep and energy-starved south.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 7, 2024, 11:12 am

Since religion and race appears to be of collosal importance to you, the shadow minister is a Christian. A Goan Christian to be more precise.
Reverting to your norm again Tam.
Who is even talking about a Shadow Minister or their religion.
What's the betting when Starlin gets the boot for being totally incompetent and the Mad Marxists take over the party again, that Miliband will become deputy envoy to nations and regions and share a basement office with Sue.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 7, 2024, 3:20 pm

AlexO wrote:
October 7, 2024, 11:12 am
What's the betting when Starlin gets the boot for being totally incompetent and the Mad Marxists take over the party again, that Miliband will become deputy envoy to nations and regions and share a basement office with Sue.
I mentioned the Shadow Minister as Ed Milliband plans on squandering billions on untested and largely unknown alternative energy strategies in a thread about future energy sources.

You mentioned his faith and then went gallivanting off about Corbyn and antisemitism and something called "Mad Marxists".

Get a grip.
Last edited by tamada on October 7, 2024, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 7, 2024, 3:51 pm

Some companies are trying to go all out on carbon capture and storage.

https://youtu.be/-7yilwHYXbs?si=nuoCANeX20Ma0Wu8

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 7, 2024, 4:28 pm

tamada wrote:
October 7, 2024, 3:20 pm
AlexO wrote:
October 7, 2024, 11:12 am
I mentioned the Shadow Minister as he plans on squandering billions on untested and largely unknown alternative energy strategies in a thread about future energy sources.

You mentioned his faith and then went gallivanting off about Corbyn and antisemitism and something called "Mad Marxists".

Get a grip.
I have to get a grip?
Which Shadow Minister are you referring to?
Are you saying that Corbyn and his support along with his Shadow Cabinet in 2019 of terror groups including the IRA (previously), Hamas, Hezbollah are not mentally challenged or just this new progressive movement.
Are you saying that Starlins commitment to spending the same amount as the fabled 'Black Hole' on untried technology is the way to go?
Getting a grip is not a one way street.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 7, 2024, 5:00 pm

But some CO2 systems are not working as promised. The government turns a cheek so it can get the revenues from the project
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-17/ ... /102357652

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 8, 2024, 9:46 am

Tony Blair used to be a Shadow Energy Minister.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 8, 2024, 10:32 am

tamada wrote:
October 8, 2024, 9:46 am
Tony Blair used to be a Shadow Energy Minister.
Acknowledged, but just what is your point.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 13, 2024, 10:04 pm

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 14, 2024, 8:18 am

There was me thinking that the Great Satan of polluting energy producing systems was coal fired power stations. But seemingly if you only burn it at night its okay? :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 14, 2024, 4:36 pm

A bit dry in places but hits on the key that if oil and gas production is reduced before renewables and alternatives can take up the slack, then the oil that will still be needed, will balloon to possibly $400/bbl, forcing governments to subsidize it to try and make it affordable, which will derail investment in renewables (which quite recently has already taken a big hit) with the whole slew of social issues that will ensue, like possibly 30% global unemployment.

The argument, rather than stop investing in oil and gas exploration, stop investing in certain industries and business that depend on oil and gas but already have a viable renewable option, thus reducing the demand for it. Once that demand is under control, then 'naturally' falling oil and gas production will follow. It cannot be a one-size-fits-all solution, so don't force it just because a politician thinks 2035 or 2050 sounds like a 'nice' date and everyone agrees.

https://podcasts.apple.com/nl/podcast/s ... 0671499110

If a dry read is more your thing, try this.

https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/busin ... k-2024.pdf
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 15, 2024, 5:14 pm

~Reinhold Messner~