Nong's Ribs - New Restaurant [CLOSED]

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Glen3
udonmap.com

Happy Hour

Post by Glen3 » January 6, 2008, 12:17 am

Happy Hour at Nong's Ribs

Starting today, we will have Happy Hour every day from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.

BeerLao 10% off regular price.

All other beer and well drinks 20% off!

Also every Wednesday night we will have Pizza Night! Buy one pizza at the regular price and get the second pizza for half price.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 6, 2008, 12:37 am

hmmm, pizza night, sounds interesting 8)

moderator*
udonmap

Post by moderator* » January 8, 2008, 3:04 pm

Posted by Glen3 - transferred from new thread - "What's new at Nong's", to this already existing thread.
OK Boyz! Here is what's new at Nong's Ribs.

I just got in a few Tenderloin Steaks from Australia that have been aged to perfection. I had one tonight and it was delicious! They will be our special for the next few days. Served with dinner salad, choice of French fries or mashed potatoes, Italian bread and butter for just 300 baht.

We also have a NEW Dinner Salad that is chilled and scrumptious. I was never thrilled with our old salad, (looked like cole slaw more than salad). I have the salad cream special made and it is really good. I have also added BBQ corn to the salad that adds the finishing touch. My waitress Aom had a bowl of the salad tonight, and I asked her why she was taking so long eating it. She replied, this is my second.

Don't forget Happy Hour, and Pizza Wednesday!

Kindest Regards, from Nong's Ribs,

Pim & Glen
No need to start a new thread with each new update/post, when there is already a thread in existence.

Thanks

Mod :D

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » January 8, 2008, 11:10 pm

Glen 3 why not offer the 12" pizza for 25% off and forget about the 2nd pizza this way small family can enjoy happy hour just a suggestion I just might try you on the 2nd pizza with a friend we split 250 and get whole pie each :razz: :razz:

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » January 9, 2008, 12:32 am

I believed that the new thread was started (at least in part) because Nong's Ribs was under new ownership making most of the old thread irrelevant :-k

moderator*
udonmap

Post by moderator* » January 9, 2008, 12:58 am

I believed that the new thread was started (at least in part) because Nong's Ribs was under new ownership making most of the old thread irrelevant
The post did not say or infer that. It simply said "What's new at Nong's" and gave Menu details.

I quote: "OK Boyz! Here is what's new at Nong's Ribs."

As for Farmer's post. Not overly constructive and upon reflection, didn't warrant transferring, nor any of the discussion about it.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 9, 2008, 9:21 am

OK, I will ask the question - why is this thread (or at least a good portion of it) not in the Classifieds section, where I believe it belongs?

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » January 9, 2008, 10:07 am

Moderator*,

Thanks for doing the right thing. No further comment needed.

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » January 9, 2008, 7:28 pm

Thank You Moderator,

Yes, I meant to post it on this thread but somehow started a new one. Sometimes I can be ba ba bo bo.

Thanks again, Glen
Regards, Glen

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 11, 2008, 10:49 pm

ello ello ello whats been going on here then, some sort of hoo har ??...anyway,

Talking of pizza's ..i thought i would have a pizza da action and tried one at nongs a couple of days ago it was the nongs special but only half size, a crisp crust and a softer centre on the base minced meat, onions and mushrooms..great with a beer lao dum..and being the generous person that i am i let the Mrs try a small peice and she agreed with me that it was good.
nice one Glen.

wizard
udonmap.com

Post by wizard » January 11, 2008, 11:30 pm

Beer monkey,
You say Nongs ribs has 'Beerlao dark'. That has to be one of the best beers I have consumed in Asia, well Lao. It would certainly go well with the good looking yummy pizza.

From my little experience, I did not think Beerlao dark was available in Thailand, please tell me it is not a misprint. Was it a lge or small bottle, does not matter, Nongs Ribs will certainly be a restaurant on my next visit. Hope they have plenty of pizzas and Dark beer. Do you know if you can get pizzas and beer to go.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » January 12, 2008, 6:00 pm

Wonder if Nong's has a new cook? Ordered pizza a couple of days ago and it wasn't up to the standard set from a previous visit. Ordered thick crust but got a thin crust that was burned/charred along the edges and bottom. Waitress relied on her memory when taking the order and apparently got a couple of the toppings confused as well. My fault for not sending it back, of course, but always reluctant to play that hole card since do realize how tough it is to make a buck here.

This is meant to be a constructive criticism since I have enjoyed some good eats at this establishment in the past and will certainly give it a chance to redeem itself in the future.

The Beer Lao (lager), btw, was delicious.

udongirl

Post by udongirl » January 12, 2008, 8:17 pm

polehawk wrote:Wonder if Nong's has a new cook? Ordered pizza a couple of days ago and it wasn't up to the standard set from a previous visit. Ordered thick crust but got a thin crust that was burned/charred along the edges and bottom. Waitress relied on her memory when taking the order and apparently got a couple of the toppings confused as well. My fault for not sending it back, of course, but always reluctant to play that hole card since do realize how tough it is to make a buck here.

This is meant to be a constructive criticism since I have enjoyed some good eats at this establishment in the past and will certainly give it a chance to redeem itself in the future.

The Beer Lao (lager), btw, was delicious.
See on a Thai website they are looking for a new cook, immediate start, able to cook Thai and farang food so it looks like you could be right. hope they get a good one soon as I did enjoy those ribs.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 12, 2008, 8:55 pm

pop in and speak to Glen and he might tell you whats happening with the cook situation, and the Ribs are Fantastic still, go try some.

A few days ago...just look at that sauce, only a few more weeks till i get the results back from the testing laboratary Glen, i said i took a sample !!!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 12, 2008, 9:16 pm

and one a few days before that pile of ribs where eaten...once you start its hard too stop eating them.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 13, 2008, 3:41 am

cook is gone, but shoes being filled nicely. haven't noticed a change, ribs, the other day at prime time lunch, fell off the bone. wednesday, pizza day, tasty stuff, ok, the 2nd one was supposed to have goong instead of ham, but that was an after order change, and we are still where. still tasty w/lao beer to wash it down, a good afternoon while checking in at udonmap.

ok, i need to get a life, but that's what the baileys and mp3 player is for...........way too lazy for a life...............................rock on boys and girls 8)

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 13, 2008, 4:53 am

Ribs Ribs Ribs...The shrimp Scampi or scampi shrimp, i would call it prawns resting peicefully on a mound of spagetti drizzled with garlic and a wedge of lemon on the side to use as required was a tasty plate of food, nice and light recommended by moi.

How about a slight drizzle of that special rib sauce over 'glens wings' too..just a thought.

;)

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » January 13, 2008, 1:43 pm

Thank You for all of the recent posts. I am always open for critisism, so don't be bashful.

Yes we have a new cook and she is doing a fantastic job. Still a little slow at getting the food out when we are busy, but I have received numerous compliments on the quality of the food.

Very sorry about the mistakes on the orders. I am trying to stay with the waitress as much as possible to make sure that my customers are satisfied, and receive what they ask for. The pizza is coming out much better now also. I have been teaching the chef technics to making a delicious pizza. I believe that we still have the best pizza in Udon Thani and always striving to make it better.

Regards, Glen
Regards, Glen

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » January 13, 2008, 2:44 pm

Fair enough, Glen. Will be giving the pizza another go soon.

Surf & Turf dinner still on the menu board? Will be giving that one a try, also. And the Fish Steak dinner. So many good choices on that menu. =P~

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » January 13, 2008, 6:58 pm

The Surf & Turf is not presently on the board but it is on the menu at the same price. The fish steak dinner is now a salmon fillet dinner & it is on the board at a reduced price. Regularly 150 baht now just 135 baht. I have had customers order this meal and they were very pleased.

What might help in getting the orders correct, is, I will have the waitress read back the order to you so that you can agree that this is what you want.

Thank You, Glen
Regards, Glen

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”