Taking a child abroad

General Udon Thani topics only!
sgwinpochai

Taking a child abroad

Post by sgwinpochai » March 12, 2008, 8:52 pm

Hello, I wish to travel to Europe to visit my mother who has been seriously ill and is now in a nursing home. She wants to see my daughter who is three years old. For various reasons my wife cannot travel with us. I understand that Thai Immigration will require consent from my wife to allow me to leave the country with my daughter. What form of consnt is needed. Any advice would be appreciated.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 12, 2008, 10:16 pm

if consent is required, inquire at the family services dept in the local amphur office, if not in that office, they can direct you. if striking out in NK, udon has a family services dept, across the street from amphur office, possible moved, but someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

they handle all things family, just like in western countries, deadbeat dads, alimony, child support, it's just that the ignorant masses haven't got a clue what their rights are. that man's world thing here. then of course, if ever a judgement, the award is even harder to get, plus legal fees. oops, well any way.

but there actually is a family services, and you can avoid lawyer fees, as they were very generous with info and help when i questioned an obvious scam by couple lawyers guaranteeing me anything and everything about adopting my ex's little one, for way too much money. which i knew with the priority on children's rights, or human trafficing issues, almost impossible.

but if can't find in Nk, try udon,

good luck.

fatbas***d
udonmap.com

Post by fatbas***d » March 13, 2008, 7:31 am

The Thai goverment don't require consent but the European authority will before you get a visa for yr child, assuming the child has a Thai passport. You get a consent form filled in at the amphur office , you must take yr wife to sign as well.

bamboopaul
udonmap.com

Post by bamboopaul » March 13, 2008, 10:16 am

If the child has a European passport, then no problem that end either :D

sgwinpochai

Post by sgwinpochai » March 16, 2008, 11:50 am

Thank your advice. My daughter has two passports, Thai and UK, but I shall pay a visit to the local Amphur Office as it will not do any harm to complete a consent form.

Snowden
udonmap.com

Post by Snowden » March 16, 2008, 5:01 pm

If you are legally married to your wife and the child was born in wedlock, you will not need written consent from your wife as you are both considered co-equal legal guardians of your child. If it is your child's first time leaving Thailand, you will need to bring the child's original birth certificate. Also, you will want to be sure that your child leaves on her Thai passport, enters the UK on her UK passport, and vice versa.

Snowden
udonmap.com

Post by Snowden » March 16, 2008, 5:24 pm

I'll just add that the district office probably will not be able to help you in this matter as it is not a change of status or relationship which requires government registration or action. Also, although most Thai lawyers will tell you that you do need a written consent from your spouse, it is legally not required.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”