Nong's Ribs - New Restaurant [CLOSED]

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » April 28, 2008, 7:15 am

stickyfingers wrote:Dill, I have to AGREE 100%, Glen keep up the good work !!!!! Eddy who???? :-k

John S.
i stil think that eddie and nong did a great job on getting the restuarant were it is today ,and eddie has always done the right by me so i would never say anything bad about him .
good on the past and the present owners of this fine food establishment.
i have also notice many more thai people going there which would tell you that it is cheap and the food is good ,because if anyone knows about the restaurants around udon thani the locals would.
had some bbq ribs the other day and i must agree with preveous posters that the meat almost falls of the bone as soon as you pick it up of the plate,and the sauce has always been a favourite for me i use it almost on all of my food what i order.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 28, 2008, 3:47 pm

dill wrote: i stil think that eddie and nong did a great job on getting the restaurant were it is today ,
And lets not forget that This forum and members had a very big part in it. ;)

stickyfingers
udonmap.com

Post by stickyfingers » April 28, 2008, 3:56 pm

BM, have to agree with you also 100%. Can't have a Good Restaurant without Good Customers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are WISE beyond your YEARS \:D/

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » April 28, 2008, 4:28 pm

beer monkey wrote:
dill wrote: i stil think that eddie and nong did a great job on getting the restaurant were it is today ,
I agree,Eddy and Nong brought the new good product with the good laocation and good service!Eddy did a good job of using the forum as one of his promtions,but without the good product ,he would never have kept the forum customers.

Glen has maintained the good product,seeking to make improvements and introducing his own personality and style to the mix with a strong focus on customer satisfaction!

Definitely one of the top eating spots in Udon!

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » April 28, 2008, 6:01 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:
beer monkey wrote:
I agree,Eddy and Nong brought the new good product with the good laocation and good service!Eddy did a good job of using the forum as one of his promtions,but without the good product ,he would never have kept the forum customers.

Glen has maintained the good product,seeking to make improvements and introducing his own personality and style to the mix with a strong focus on customer satisfaction!

Definitely one of the top eating spots in Udon!
AGREE WITH YOU THERE STAN.
also glen is a great guy and will go out of his way to help out and sought out a problem if there is one

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » May 1, 2008, 1:03 pm

I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and support. I also aggree that special thanks go out to Eddie & Nong for starting one of the best eating establishments in Udon Thani!

THANK YOU!
Regards, Glen

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » May 4, 2008, 4:38 pm

We have increased the size of our servings as we have had many customers request larger servings. Example: our hamburgers were 100 grams each and they are now 150 grams. More French fries too!

Please stop in and let us know if the new serving sizes are to your liking.

Same great food, and now more of it!

Cheers, Glen
Regards, Glen

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » May 6, 2008, 1:42 pm

glen have just stop in to have a meal and i see many things that have been improved,the meal was great and it was good to see that everything was back to what it use to be and i think you are back on track,i wish you all the best you certainly deserve it.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » May 6, 2008, 4:05 pm

glad to see you finally taking some advice. getting rich in thailand is out of the qusetion losing your azz is more like it. so when I am ablle to eat solid foods again I will return and have a meal with you. you did a nice chicken parm. & shrimp scampi honestly I did miss eating them at your place
good luck Glen ( Ronnie )

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » May 6, 2008, 9:21 pm

I ate at Nong's two days on the trot a few days back and even though I can never seem to see past the ribs on the menu it was superb.
I think Glen has added a little more pepper to the rib sauce which for me is a winner.
Someday I might get round to trying something else but hey them ribs sure is good =P~
Nice one Glen =D>
Free the Doug 1

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 6, 2008, 11:13 pm

Yeah i had that trouble to Roy....This is what its all about just for any new readers......You can almost taste that sauce just by looking at the pic.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » May 7, 2008, 12:16 pm

I finally had the pleasure of eating Nongs Ribs and must admit they were delicious. I also had the pleasure of meeting Glen and found him to be a nice, quiet, friendly host and will recomend him and his resteraunt to everyone. Sorry I never made it back for seconds Glen, but will see you again in December, thats a promise :D

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » May 7, 2008, 1:48 pm

I would first like to thank all of you for your kindness and patronage.

Don't forget we are now closed every Monday unless I post otherwise. Believe me, I hadn't had a day off in months, and it sure felt good.

Ronnie, I will be looking forward to seeing you again.

P.S. You cannot get rich at this by American standards, but if you are very careful, honest and extremely attentive you CAN make money in Thailand.

LOVE THIS PLACE!

Kindest Regards, Glen
Regards, Glen

wilson_smith
udonmap.com

Post by wilson_smith » May 11, 2008, 1:33 pm

Damn! I sure miss going to Nongs, still stuck here in farangland with all the fat @ss falangs.
I hope you will have a BBQ burger & fries ready for me when I return.

Hopefully the falang "tao hua gnoo" will be gone by then! (private joke)

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » May 18, 2008, 1:40 pm

Your choice of mashed potatoes or French fries!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 18, 2008, 3:38 pm

When Eddy catered sabai's house party ,they had macaroni salad!IMO the perfect combination !Much better than potatoes.I don't know if he made it or purchased it as it was in a large container,but my mouth has been watering for it every since!

Great staff you have there Glen!

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » May 19, 2008, 8:19 am

I'll be there for some ribs very soon!

Can't wait! Just a couple more weeks.

=D>

vainiac
udonmap

Post by vainiac » May 26, 2008, 11:20 pm

I went there. For some reason I expected the food to me more expensive, but it's reasonably priced. I thought the Thai food they make is close to or the same price as a non-farang restaurant.

I love pork ribs. The ones there are actually pretty good. I think the ribs there are better than Sizzler's ribs.

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » May 28, 2008, 7:17 pm

I'll see what I can do about making some macoroni salad. I use to make it in the states, so it shouldn't be difficult. Sounds good to me too.

Ribs are alway fresh and ready, looking forward to seeing all of you.

Cheers, Glen
Regards, Glen

mr.d
udonmap.com

Post by mr.d » May 30, 2008, 12:25 pm

If you do decide to start a pool league or have an evening dedicated for pool players, count me in. Eating good food, drinking beer, conversing with other farangs and playing pool. Hummm, sounds good to me, oh yea, did I also mention we is retired/retared too.

Glen, see you this afternoon for a couple of drinks.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”